multiple clips in AAF

• Chris Steele
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 6 months ago #231 by Chris Steele
Chris Steele replied the topic: Re: multiple clips in AAF
Hi, we can see that there is a problem here and are working to resolve it asap. We should be able to get back to you early next week.
Thanks for your patience on this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MrCobra
  • MrCobra's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 years 6 months ago #229 by MrCobra
MrCobra replied the topic: Re: multiple clips in AAF
The post audio house was complaining that there seemed to be a lot of extra tracks and silent ones and that some of the dialogue tracks seemed to consistently be 1 frame out of sync.
This was one of the least complex reels, so there should not have been an excessive amount of clips that I used. I used 5 roles to organize all audio. After the post house first reached out to me about the problem, I ended up breaking down, as much as I could, any compound clips. There was some footage with camera recorded audio as well as synched set recorded audio. I went into those and made sure I deleted the camera audio instead of just dropping them all the way down. I have no idea why the dialogue would have been 1 frame out of sync.
Delivering new AAFs after all this, they said it was a little better, but they still were not used to seeing that many tracks.

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 6 months ago #227 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: Re: multiple clips in AAF
Thank you for those files. Can you please explain what you expected to see in the layout of the AAF, and how that differers from what we can see in the picture?

• MrCobra
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 years 6 months ago #226 by MrCobra
Sure. All are attached. The message from the post house:

"Picture 1 which contains an overview of the AAF for reel 2 opened. There are more tracks that can not be seen in a single screen view. Picture 2 shows the audio tracks edited and then underneath the original unedited versions of the same audio."
Attachments:

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 6 months ago #224 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: Re: multiple clips in AAF
Would you be able to get a screen grab of the AAF from the post audio house and attach it to a forum post? It would also be great if you could attach the fcpxml at the same time? (if it is quite large, then zipping it first should make it much smaller)

• MrCobra
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 years 6 months ago #223 by MrCobra
I'm using the latest version of XtoPro, and latest FCPX prior to yesterday's update. I'm waiting until I'm finished with this project before I upgrade.

• Chris Steele
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 6 months ago #221 by Chris Steele
Chris Steele replied the topic: Re: multiple clips in AAF
What version of FCP X and X2Pro are you using?

• MrCobra
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 years 6 months ago #219 by MrCobra
MrCobra created the topic: multiple clips in AAF
I just sent my first batch of AAFs to a post audio house for a feature I've been cutting. Apparently, the AAFs I sent, from what they told me, contained an incredibly convoluted mess of multiple tracks per clip. I think the dialogue tracks were what was mostly effected. Any ideas why this happened? How does X2Pro handle compound clips containing audio within a timeline? Could this be a reason for this problem?

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds