AAF coming in in protools at 44.1KHz not 48

• angus.anderson
  • angus.anderson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #340 by angus.anderson
angus.anderson replied the topic: Re: AAF coming in in protools at 44.1KHz not 48
Hello Graeme,

I have some media for you could you email me at <email address removed for privacy> I would need an email address to send a transfer link to.

cheers angus
Last Edit: 11 years 4 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• angus.anderson
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
11 years 5 months ago #303 by angus.anderson
angus.anderson replied the topic: Re: AAF coming in in protools at 44.1KHz not 48
Hi Graeme,
I'll see what I can get to you

cheers angus

• Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #300 by
replied the topic: Re: AAF coming in in protools at 44.1KHz not 48
As long as the audio is PCM, mixed sample rates and bit rates in an FCP X project should not make any difference. The audio that X2Pro will put in the AAF is the same sample rate and bit rate as the clips are in FCP X. The project settings will not affect sample rates and bit rates in the AAF.

X2Pro will convert any audio that is not PCM (e.g. MP3) to PCM audio, during this conversion it will use whatever bit rate is set in the X2Pro preferences, the sample rate will remain unchanged.

I do not know of any product that will open an AAF that is not a audio or video editing package just to check the integrity. If you are able to provide a small AAF that you believe contains clips with the wrong sample rate, we could inspect it and tell you what we find?
Last Edit: 11 years 5 months ago by .

• angus.anderson
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
11 years 5 months ago #299 by angus.anderson
BTW apart from a DAW are there any other small software apps that are good at checking the integrity of an AAF file.

• angus.anderson
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
11 years 5 months ago #298 by angus.anderson
if there is say one clip that is 44.1 will that have an impact? In the past we have project where the first clip was 44.1 and that impacted everything else. This time I know that the first clip is 48 (not sure about the rest). !

• Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 5 months ago #297 by
If everything is already 48kHz in the FCP X project, then X2Pro should just put it into the AAF at that sample rate.

I have previously been able to import a project with 24bit audio and end up with 16bit clips in Pro Tools. That was down to an import setting in Pro Tools. I guess the same can probably happen with the sample rate.

See the attached picture for where the bit rate and sample rate can be chosen on import.
Attachments:

• angus.anderson
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
11 years 5 months ago #295 by angus.anderson
Hi,

The project will have a mix of footage from canon C300 camera and also xdcam (sony) and maybe some converted 5D (converted to (prores) as well as music (CD's) resampled to 48KHz. . . .

is there any thing that has to be set up in protools before importing?

cheer angus

ps trying to get a demo copy to protools to test myself.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 5 months ago #294 by
X2Pro should not be doing any re-sampling (or conversion of the bit depth) of PCM audio. Is the audio that you are using in your FCP X project PCM audio, or is it compressed in some way (e.g. MP3)?

• angus.anderson
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
11 years 5 months ago #292 by angus.anderson
angus.anderson created the topic: AAF coming in in protools at 44.1KHz not 48
Hi,

The project and the first clip are all at 48KHz but when the dubbing engineer is bring the AAF into protools he is saying that it is 44.1KHz. I'm not sure if there is protools set up that he is doing wrong?

cheers angus

ps the is on the latest versions of x2pro and FCP X

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds