Checked audio track export only to protools

• ondarru
  • ondarru's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 years 4 months ago #316 by ondarru
ondarru replied the topic: Re: Checked audio track export only to protools
Any advice? Do you know any other way that I can take only the track I want to ProTools (exporting each clip with the track I want and import it again to Final Cut is not the shortest way is it?).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Chris Steele
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 4 months ago #314 by Chris Steele
Chris Steele replied the topic: Re: Checked audio track export only to protools
Hi Ondarru,
I believe that the issue is that we cannot tell the difference between muted and disabled.

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 4 months ago #313 by graeme robinson
graeme robinson replied the topic: Re: Checked audio track export only to protools
Ondarru,

I apologise, that was a typo. I meant 2.1.1

• ondarru
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 years 4 months ago #312 by ondarru
Hi Chris,
I agree with you that if the track is in the timeline, it should be included in the aaf, what I did not know is that in the fcpxml does not inform about if it is checked or unchecked (enabled or disabled).
It is sad, because right now, with the new version of FCPX 10.0.6, there is no way of deleting any track. I mean, of course you can import a clip into the timeline without audio and that is not included in the aaf, but if you put a clip in the timeline with its audio, you can not delete for example some tracks and leave others, the audio tracks are all together and you can just enable or disable them.
Or that is what I was able to do, may be there is another way and if you know it, I will appreciate some hits.
Thanks.
Alex.

• Chris Steele
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 4 months ago #311 by Chris Steele
Chris Steele replied the topic: Re: Checked audio track export only to protools
Hi Ondarru,
We agree that that would be a good feature, the problem is that in the fcpxml we cannot reliably tell whether the track has been disabled or just muted. So, we took the decision that if a track is in the timeline, it might be there for a good reason, so we should include it. If you actually remove the tracks, then they will not be transferred.
Sorry if that is not optimal for you.

• ondarru
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 years 4 months ago #310 by ondarru
By the way, if I understood well, you tell me that there is no way of importing only the track I want, that I have to send to ProTools all four of them.
I do not know if technically is possible, but it would be a very interesting and needed feature for the next version of your app. The way I understand it, if I check off a track in the inspector of FCPX, it is because I do not need it (because it is a bad track or noisy), if I would like to have it in ProTools I would do it leveling down the track.

• ondarru
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #309 by ondarru
Hi Graeme,

I have just downloaded again the app and still says it is 2.1.1 version. Is this a new feature in the v2.2.1? Where can I download it?
The audio technician from ProTools tells me that he is receiving all the tracks, also the ones that I turned off (not leveled down) and what I would like to be happening is that x2pro not taking those audio tracks, only the one I have checked. Is that possible?

Is it the same to level down a clip lets say until -96dB or to uncheck it?
Last Edit: 11 years 4 months ago by ondarru.

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 4 months ago #308 by graeme robinson
graeme robinson replied the topic: Re: Checked audio track export only to protools
Hi Ondarru,

In X2Pro v2.2.1 the audio tracks that were deselected in the FCP X project should be present in the Pro Tools sequence, but should have a -96dB gain applied which should effectively mute them.

There is no way to not have them show up in the Pro Tools sequence.

• ondarru
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 years 4 months ago #307 by ondarru
ondarru created the topic: Checked audio track export only to protools
Hi, I am trying to make an aaf for protools which only has the audios I have selected in FCPX.
I am working with the last version of FCPX and P2 clips (they have 4 audio tracks). The only track I would like to send to ProTools is the first one of each clip, which is the good one and the other three I have them already deselected in the inspector channel configuration.
But when I export the fcpxml and import it to ProTools, all four tracks appear.
Am I doing something wrong or it is a X2Pro limitation?
If it is a limitation, how would you suggest me to do it?
Thanks.

Alex.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds