Checked audio track export only to protools

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 10 months ago #602 by graeme robinson
graeme robinson replied the topic: Re: Checked audio track export only to protools
I can't promise anything, but assuming no major bugs are found during the beta testing phase, I would guess that it could be out in less than a month.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mblazer
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 10 months ago #601 by mblazer
mblazer replied the topic: Re: Checked audio track export only to protools
Wow, I should post feature request more often here!

Do you have any idea when it will be available in the app store? I am currently working on a weekly show and have 7 more episodes to go.

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 10 months ago #600 by graeme robinson
graeme robinson replied the topic: Re: Checked audio track export only to protools
Hi MBlazer,

In the next free update (which is currently undergoing QA/beta testing) there is an option to "Discard disabled clips" which I think is what you are after.

As soon as it is available for wide release, you will be able to download it from the app store, so keep an eye out for the update, and when it comes, make sure that box is checked.

• mblazer
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 10 months ago #599 by mblazer
mblazer replied the topic: Re: Checked audio track export only to protools
Hi There,

This is a big problem for me. My sound guy is getting crazy with all the tracks that I don't want to use. Cant you put it in the preference menu? "Remove all -96Db channels" This would be a great feature for me and many more I think.

• ondarru
  • ondarru's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 years 4 months ago #339 by ondarru
ondarru replied the topic: Re: Checked audio track export only to protools
That would be great Graeme. Hope you will deliver the next version soon.
Very good feedback you have got here.
Thanks.

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 4 months ago #338 by graeme robinson
Glad I could help with the handles.

There is nothing you are doing wrong with the disabled tracks, the current version of X2Pro treats an unused/unchecked track the same as a disabled/muted one. We are working to change this now. When this has been changed, X2Pro will not include unused/unchecked tracks in the AAF, but will still include disabled/muted tracks with a gain of -96dB applied.

• ondarru
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 years 4 months ago #337 by ondarru
uhps! your are right, this is my fault, I did it again and this time the AAF I sent you is smaller instead of having 10MB now it has 2MB (I have to check it once I send it to ProTools but, for the first sight it looks good).

Now, you make me doubt, may I be doing something wrong also trying to export only the tracks I want or that is something that your app does not do for the moment with the last fcpxml version?

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 4 months ago #336 by graeme robinson
For the handles setting to work, you must make sure that the "Trim embedded audio" setting is checked on the main window of the X2Pro app. Are you saying that even with this setting turned on, you are getting the full clips in the AAF?

• ondarru
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 years 4 months ago #335 by ondarru
Hi Graeme,

yes you are right, what I am interested on is to be able of selecting (checking in the inspector audio tab) only the audio track I want to include in the AAF. I appreciate a lot the work you are doing on this.
About the handles, may be I did not explain well, what the audio technitian told me is that even me selecting 1 or 2 seconds handles in the x2Pro, the app is making an AAF with all the Tracks and all the long audio, I mean with the audio the same durantion as the original clip, not the duration in the timeline. I am not sure if I explained well. That is why the 13 seconds handles you are talking about are the 13 seconds of the original clip, that is what the original clips duration.
For the moment until this problem gets solved, I am exporting from my projects one long track for each dialogue, music and effects. Because with no handles respected in the AAF, the file created is too big to carry on. For example, in the last project I was working on, the AAF I made with x2Pro was 5 GB (for only 20 minutes show) and the same audio converted to Final Cut 7 and then made an OMF, it was only 600 MB. Of course, that is because in the AAF where no handles, there where all the tracks with all the duration.
Hope this will help you.
Thanks again and go on! Your are doing a great job.

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 4 months ago #334 by graeme robinson
ondarru,

I'm not sure I understand what you ware saying the problem is. We understand that you want the audio tracks that are not selected in the FCP X project to not be present in the AAF, and we are working on this.

I have opened the AAF you provided in Pro Tools and I can confirm that there are handles of around 13 seconds included.

Am I missing something else?

• ondarru
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 years 4 months ago #333 by ondarru
Hi again,
I have made another "experiment".
I repeated 6 times the same clip in the timeline. It is a Quicktime file with 4 channels of audio in it (the default state is 2 stere channels).
The first time it appears in the timeline, I have not done any change to it, so it is with 2 stereo channels.
Clip 2: 2 stereo channels, the 3ch&4ch with level -96dB.
Clip 3: only the first stereo channel checked as selected.
Clip 4: 2 stereo channels changed to 4 mono and only the first one checked as selected.
Clip 5: audio detached from the video and only ch1 checked as selected.
Clip 6: with no audio.

The ProTools version we are using in the studio is 7.2, but opening OMFs has been successful always.
When I export fcpxml and import it in x2Pro, there is no errors.
But the aaf exported from it has no handles (even though I select 1 second handless) and does not respect any of the changes I explained before (only the last clip with no audio is respected).
Oh! and also the levels of -96dB from the second clip are ignored?
Could it be because of the last version of FCPX? That is the one I am using and also the last version of x2Pro.

I have opened the fcpxml file and I think there is information about these changes and the state of each clip. Anyway you can check it in the files I send you.

Thanks.
Attachments:

• ondarru
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 years 4 months ago #332 by ondarru
Hi again,
I have made another "experiment".
I repeated 6 times the same clip in the timeline. It is a Quicktime file with 4 channels of audio in it (the default state is 2 stere channels).
The first time it appears in the timeline, I have not done any change to it, so it is with 2 stereo channels.
Clip 2: 2 stereo channels, the 3ch&4ch with level -96dB.
Clip 3: only the first stereo channel checked as selected.
Clip 4: 2 stereo channels changed to 4 mono and only the first one checked as selected.
Clip 5: audio detached from the video and only ch1 checked as selected.
Clip 6: with no audio.

The ProTools version we are using in the studio is 7.2, but opening OMFs has been successful always.
When I export fcpxml and import it in x2Pro, there is no errors.
But the aaf exported from it has no handles (even though I select 1 second handless) and does not respect any of the changes I explained before (only the last clip with no audio is respected).

I have opened the fcpxml file and I think there is information about these changes and the state of each clip. Anyway you can check it in the files I send you.

Thanks.
Attachments:

• ondarru
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 years 4 months ago #319 by ondarru
Ok, thanks Graeme, I will be waiting (im)patiently news from you.

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 4 months ago #318 by graeme robinson
ondarru,

I understand what you are saying, and please be assured that we are looking into it.

For now, I think you are correct when you say the only solution is to export the clips with a single track and re-import them into FCP X, or editing the AAF file that X2Pro creates and removing the clips that are set to -96dB. I understand that this is probably not a good solution for you at this time.

• ondarru
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 years 4 months ago #317 by ondarru
Hello again guys,

I have just made an fcpxml file. I have put in the timeline three times the same video clip (from P2 with 4 audio tracks).
The first one is as it is originally, video with 4 tracks (all of them checked in the inspector). The second one is with just the first track checked and the rest of three tracks unchecked in the inspector and the last clip is without audio.
I do not understand much programming of the xml but I have opened it in the textedit and tried to compare the differences between three of them. I think in the end part of the xml code of each clip there is some explanation of how I have put them in the timeline.
What do you think? Is there any info that can be used to tell X2Pro how to transcode each clips audio to aac?
I hope this can help us both.
Thank you again.
Alex.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds