exported AAF is not in sync with the movie

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #362 by graeme robinson
graeme robinson replied the topic: Re: exported AAF is not in sync with the movie
Hi Christoph

Would you be able to provide your fcpxml and explain a bit more about your project?
  1. Where can I look in the FCP X project to see a clip that is missing in the AAF? (timecode on timeline and clip name)
  2. Where can I look to see a a shorter clip? (timecode on timeline and clip name)
  3. Where can I look to see a clip that is out of sync? (timecode on timeline and clip name)
  4. Are you using retiming on any clips? (X2Pro will not retime clips)
Last Edit: 11 years 3 months ago by graeme robinson.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• chramann
  • chramann's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 3 months ago #357 by chramann
chramann created the topic: exported AAF is not in sync with the movie
I have a project in FCP 10.0.7 (originally 10.0.6) and want to work on the tracks in Pro Tools 10.
For this reason i bought X2Pro and exported the Project to XML and further made an AAF document with this app.
Additionally i sent the movie to compressor to create a file in the format Quicktime ProRes 422 and imported all into Pro Tools 10.32.
Now some of the audio is missing the AAFs and the files are somewhat shorter and not in sync with the soundfile from the imported movie.
The sample rate is 48 kHz and the frame rate is 25 fps (in both Pro Tools and FCP 10).

Does anybody have had a similar problem?
many thanks for helping me - i have tried also to export the xml to FCP 7 using xto7 which didn't work too - even less tracks and the same problem with the sync (the audio clip starts a bit later than it should be compared to the audio in the exported movie and then seems to be playing slightly faster and for that reason is shorter when i compare the wave forms).

Many thanks, Christoph

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds