Can't Select Media Locations

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 3 months ago #372 by graeme robinson
graeme robinson replied the topic: Re: Can't Select Media Locations
Hi Curtis,

Were you able to get it working in the end?

Graeme

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 3 months ago #371 by graeme robinson
That's strange. The screengrab says "All media locations are accessible", but the fcpxml is pointing to a clip in "/Volumes/L9 Color Media 2/VECTRA INTERVIEW/" which is not in your media locations.

When you add a media location, all subfolders of the one you add are accessible, so the clip in the error message is not accessible. If you add "/Volumes/L9 Color Media 2" to the media locations, then everything on that drive should be available to X2Pro.

Actually, if you add "/" to the media locations by adding your primary hard disk (normally called "Macintosh HD"), then everything is in a subfolder on "/", even external drives and network loactions. This would mean that you should never need to add another media location, but it also means that X2Pro has access to everywhere on your system, so it's your choice whether you want to do that.

Can you try adding a media location that includes the file at "/Volumes/L9 Color Media 2/VECTRA INTERVIEW/Vectra_120612_1b/DCIM/100EOS7D/MVI_4325.MOV" and try again?

• CurtisL9
  • CurtisL9's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 years 3 months ago #370 by CurtisL9
CurtisL9 replied the topic: Re: Can't Select Media Locations
I confirmed that the clip is in the folder. Tried it and it didn't work. Then I replaced the clip and it still didn't work. Running OSX 10.8.2. Here is a screen cap of all my media locations.
Attachments:

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #369 by graeme robinson
You should not have to log out and back in every time you run X2Pro, but unfortunately we can't tell you how often you will have to do this because we don't know why the ScopedBookmarkAgent stops working. On my machine it's pretty rare that i have to do this, but it's apple's service, so we have no control over it. It is possible to restart the process without logging out and back in by killing the process from Activity Monitor. Once the process is killed, OS X will respawn a new (working) copy of it.

The problem is that it can't read one of the files (/Volumes/L9 Color Media 2/VECTRA INTERVIEW/Vectra_120612_1b/DCIM/100EOS7D/MVI_4325.MOV).
  1. Can you please check that this file does still exist at this location?
  2. What version of OS X are you running (Apple Menu>About This Mac)?
  3. What media locations do you have configured in the X2Pro preferences?
Last Edit: 11 years 3 months ago by graeme robinson.

• CurtisL9
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 years 3 months ago #368 by CurtisL9
And it looks like I have to logout and login again to make any changes to the media locations. Am I gonna have to do that every time?

• CurtisL9
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 years 3 months ago #367 by CurtisL9
OK that worked. I checked the FCPXML and Verified it and it said that we were ll good. I hit start then I get this error:

Opening audio extractor for portion 0 of asset [MVI_4325]
Failed to open file [file://localhost/Volumes/L9%20Color%20Media%202/VECTRA%20INTERVIEW/Vectra_120612_1b/DCIM/100EOS7D/MVI_4325.MOV]

Suggestion : ensure that the location for this file has been added to the Media Locations in the Preferences

No AAF file has been generated.

I have a multiclip sequence that the audio is in, is that the problem? I have enclosed the xml
Attachments:

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 3 months ago #366 by graeme robinson
This sounds like a problem caused by the OS X ScopedBookmarkAgent process not working properly. X2Pro needs to communicate with the ScopedBookmarkAgent process in order to have permission to read/write to files outside the application sandbox, but if it has stopped working properly then X2Pro cannot work properly either.

Please could you try logging out and back in. That should cause the ScopedBookmarkAgent process to restart.

• CurtisL9
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 years 3 months ago #365 by CurtisL9
And also when I try to pick a destination it crashes on me.. very frustrating

• CurtisL9
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 years 3 months ago #364 by CurtisL9
CurtisL9 created the topic: Can't Select Media Locations
I am running X2Pro 2.1.1, and final Cut X 10.0.7. When I go to select Media Locations in the preferences of X2Pro to choose my media folders. It will go through all the steps of letting me browse and pick a folder, but then when I hit "Select Folder" it doesn't put the location in my Media Location box... What am I doing wrong?

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds