Some clips not importing correctly into ProTools

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 2 months ago #397 by graeme robinson
graeme robinson replied the topic: Re: Some clips not importing correctly into ProTools
Bill and I have been working through this problem via email, so I'll update this ticket with what we found:

From looking at the files that Bill provided we discovered that X2Pro was effectively muting them by setting the clip gain to -96dB. It was also getting the automation gain wrong on these clips.

The clips that caused this issue had been muted from a certain point in the clip until the end of the clip. In the FCPXML this gets described as a mute to a clip with an in point, but no out point. X2Pro is (wrongly) assuming that if there is no end time for a muted section of a clip, then it must mute the whole clip (by applying -96dB clip gain) in the AAF and that there is no automation gain to be applied (so when you remove the clip gain in the AAF, the automation gain mute is not applied at the out point).

Obviously this is a bug which we will fix, but to work around this issue now you could replace your mute with some automation gain or by trimming the track rather than muting it. Because the audio is included in the AAF, you could also manually fix up the AAF in Pro Tools, but it’s probably a better solution to just avoid muting the end of a clip until we release a bug fix version of X2Pro.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #387 by graeme robinson
graeme robinson replied the topic: Re: Some clips not importing correctly into ProTools
Just seen that you have already provided this via email. I'll look into it now.

This has been assigned to ticket number TS3489 in our internal system.
Last Edit: 11 years 2 months ago by graeme robinson.

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #386 by graeme robinson
Sorry to hear you are having problems,

Are you able to provide your FCPXML as an attachment and tell us exactly what clips (name and in-out points) are missing in the AAF that X2Pro creates?
Last Edit: 11 years 2 months ago by graeme robinson.

• thefcpguy
  • thefcpguy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 years 2 months ago #384 by thefcpguy
thefcpguy replied the topic: Re: Some clips not importing correctly into ProTools
Here's another instance where the same thing occurred with detached audio.

Attachment Screenshot2013-01-24at4.18.04PM.jpg not found

Attachments:

• thefcpguy
  • thefcpguy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 years 2 months ago #383 by thefcpguy
thefcpguy created the topic: Some clips not importing correctly into ProTools
I sent an AAF of a project to our sound designer using ProTools. He reported that three of the soundbites from the piece were not included in the file. Looking closely at the clips in question back in the FCPX timeline, I noticed that in all three cases the audio clips contained expanded audio components where I trimmed the channels independently (for instance, I selected one channel of audio and dragged it to the left to bring it in earlier than the SOT track).

Attachment Screenshot2013-01-24at4.18.18PM.jpg not found

Bill Davis
Interface Media Group
Washington, DC
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds