Retiming errors (the clips are not retimed)

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 4 days ago #514 by graeme robinson
graeme robinson replied the topic: Re: Retiming errors (the clips are not retimed)
Mike,

Did you ever try the version I gave you access to in the private message? I think this is now fixed in the latest released version, can you confirm this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 1 month ago #441 by graeme robinson
graeme robinson replied the topic: Re: Retiming errors (the clips are not retimed)
PM sent. Please let me know how you get on

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 1 month ago #440 by graeme robinson
Mike,

We have a new version for you to test, I'll send a private message explaining how you can get it.

I would be very grateful if you can try it and report back as soon as possible, so that if it works we can submit it to the app store.

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #436 by graeme robinson
Hi Mike,

I can see what you mean. Some clips are missing, others are of the wrong duration, etc. I have opened a bug report with the development team. It has been given ticket number TS3579.

I'll keep you updated with any progress
Last Edit: 11 years 1 month ago by graeme robinson.

• mike
  • mike's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 years 1 month ago #435 by mike
mike replied the topic: Re: Retiming errors (the clips are not retimed)
Ah ok, let me clarify

The audio is not actually coming out of sync- It's not slipping or anything like that, it literally moves. You can see it in that Protools screenshot-

Tracks 2, 3 and 4 have moved forward, and overlap track 1.

The gaps in the purple are where audio has gone missing completely. Lastly, in the music, the track loop in the beginning and the pullout at the end have been cut off on Bright House and Generic.

I did take a look at the first issue you pointed out though and you were correct. Fixing them frame rates helped, but we still have these other issues.

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 1 month ago #434 by graeme robinson
Hi Mike,

The re-timing warnings look like they are because you have both 29.97fps (drop frame) and 30fps (non-drop frame) clip in your project. Rather than converting your clips to/from drop frame, FCP X just re-times these clips automatically (this also happens with 23.98fps clips in a 25fps project).

Because your re-timed clips are video only and you seem to be using external audio), we wouldn't expect this to be a problem for you, and we would expect everything to stay in sync.

Can you please explain what clips are going out of sync, and provide the in/out time codes for them in both the FCP project and in the AAF that X2Pro creates?

• mike
  • mike's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 years 1 month ago #433 by mike
mike created the topic: Retiming errors (the clips are not retimed)
Hello-

We've been getting a lot of retiming errors, even though the clips are not retimed. Usually as a result, protools ends up with audio thats been moved. Sound effects are sometimes missing, and everything is subsequently slid out of place.

Attatched are the XMLs from this project and a screenshot from Protools. (Separate compound clips on separate timelines that are submitted as separate files.)

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds