Making an AFF without FCPX

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 1 month ago #439 by graeme robinson
graeme robinson replied the topic: Re: Making an AFF without FCPX
X2Pro needs to be run on the machine that the FCP X project was edited on. It uses the paths in the FCPXML to find the audio files that were used in the project.

You may be able to work around this by creating the same folder structure on your Mac as was on the editor's mac and putting the right audio files in each folder. This would be an unsupported use of X2Pro and if you hit any other problems while trying this, we may not be able to help further. You should only attempt this if you understand what you are doing, and obviously you will need to manually clear up the folder structure afterwards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• timmck
  • timmck's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 years 1 month ago #438 by timmck
timmck replied the topic: Re: Making an AFF without FCPX
picture of error
Attachments:

• timmck
  • timmck's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 years 1 month ago #437 by timmck
timmck created the topic: Making an AFF without FCPX
I am in LA and the director I am working with is in Austin. He sent me the XML and all the audio that was in the project. So when I go to convert the XML to an AAF I run into the problem of the XML looking for the files from his computer.
SCABS missing info.tiff

Does the convert have to happen on the same computer that FCPX project was done on? Is there anyway to make the export happen referencing the raw audio from the project?

Time to create page: 0.044 seconds