export to pro tools

More
10 years 8 months ago #712 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: Re: export to pro tools
Dear Brian,

Would be very grateful if you could confirm whether you have upgraded to 2.1.9, as we believe we have resolved this issue in this release.

Please advise.

Many thanks.

James.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 10 months ago #634 by graeme robinson
graeme robinson replied the topic: Re: export to pro tools
Markus,

There is an internal support ticket (number 3677) that is assigned to this issue. I'm going to lower the priority of the support ticket to "low" because I need more information to be able to investigate, and I never got a reply to the last question I asked.

Please let me know if you can provide the information that I need, or whether it is no longer an issue for you?

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 11 months ago #569 by graeme robinson
Hi KateD,

If you have X2Pro LE and need to configure handles for clips in your AAF (which will create a smaller AAF file) then you can upgrade using the in-app-purchase and it will cost you the same price in total as if you had bought the full version in the first place.

To do the upgrade, just go to the application preferences window and click the button to upgrade to the "Pro" version.

More
10 years 11 months ago #567 by KateD
KateD replied the topic: Re: export to pro tools
I'm having the same problems... Can I upgrade to X2Pro and pay the difference in price? Or do I need to buy X2Pro all over again. I just got X2ProLE yesterday... and my sound guy says that it's a mess in ProTools. He has every single bit of raw audio... and the file I get out is 4GB! I really need to be able to send him a smaller file with 60 frame handles...

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 11 months ago #561 by graeme robinson
Markus,

If you are not using the latest version of X2Pro (2.1.6), you should definitely update. It's free, and each version contains either new features or bug fixes.

When I converted your FCPXML using X2Pro 2.1.6, I got exactly what you say you want; In the AAF, the tracks were organised by role, and every clip was placed on a track that corresponded to it's role in FCP X.

If there is something I am not understanding here, please feel free to explain further.

• pinguinfilm
  • pinguinfilm's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 years 11 months ago #560 by pinguinfilm
pinguinfilm replied the topic: Re: export to pro tools
Not really,
I still dont know if I should update to X2Pro Audio.
What I want is, that I give every single clip a role and then export roles to
tracks. It is as simple as that.

Thanks,

Markus

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 11 months ago #557 by graeme robinson
Markus,

Did the explanation below help, or are you still experiencing problems?

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #521 by graeme robinson
Markus,

I just converted that FCPXML using v2.1.6 and I only get 24 tracks in the AAF. Can you check that you are using the latest version (2.1.6)?

There are a number of reasons that an AAF in Pro Tools is laid out differently to the project in FCP X, including:
- AAF and Pro Tools do not support all of the features of the magnetic timeline used in FCP X.
- X2Pro puts all the audio on mono tracks in the AAF (because of this it is not able to put everything on 6 tracks in the AAF and have it look like it does in the FCP X project)
- X2Pro choses what track to put the clips on by their role - it puts clips with different roles on separate tracks.
Perhaps this explains why there are more tracks than you expect?

Of the 24 tracks that I get in my AAF, there are only 5 roles (Please tell me if a role is not being included?). They are:
- 4 have the role "Atmo 2 Mono". There must be 4 "Atmo 2 Mono" tracks because in some places there are two overlapping clips with this role that have 2 channels. For example at 10:04:47
- 4 have the role "Atmo 3 Mono". There must be 4 "Atmo 3 Mono" tracks because in some places there are two overlapping clips with this role that have 2 channels. For example at 10:05:47
- 6 have the role "dialogue". There must be 6 "dialogue" tracks because in some places there are two overlapping clips with this role, one that has 4 channels, the other having 2. For example at 10:03:40
- 6 have the role "effects". There must be 6 "effects" tracks because there is a clip with this role that has 6 channels at 10:14:33
- 4 have the role "music". There must be 4 "music" tracks because in some places there are two overlapping clips with this role that have 2 channels. For example at 10:09:12
Last Edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by graeme robinson.

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 2 weeks ago #519 by graeme robinson
Thank you Markus,

We are looking into this now that we have the FCPXML and it has been given ticket number 3677 in our support system. I'll keep you updated with what we find.

• pinguinfilm
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 years 2 weeks ago #518 by pinguinfilm
pinguinfilm replied the topic: Re: export to pro tools
Yes! I have attached the XML.

I did the export this way.

I gave every clip a roole.
I had 6 rooles.
Then when I exportet the AAF and opened it in PRO TOOLS I had 55 Tracks with a total chos of clip
arangements....

What I want from X2 and FCPX is to export all Audio in Tracks . These Tracks should be made after the Roles I gave them...
And I think this should be possible?

Regards And thanks ,

Markus
Attachments:

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 2 weeks ago #516 by graeme robinson
Hi Markus,

X2Pro LE embeds all of the audio from the master clips that you have used in your project into the AAF. Another way of explaining this is to say that your clips will have full/maximum handles in the AAF. This would probably explain the size of your AAF. If this is a problem for you, you can upgrade to the Pro version which allows you to trim the audio that is embedded in the aaf with configurable handles.

X2Pro will keep clips with different roles on separate tracks, but it tries to fit the clips with the same role onto as few a number of tracks as possible. Perhaps you could attach some screengrabs explaining where there are too many tracks and/or provide the fcpxml for us to take a look at?

• pinguinfilm
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 years 2 weeks ago #515 by pinguinfilm
pinguinfilm created the topic: export to pro tools
hi,

i have exportet my projects audio from finalcut X as AIFF.
To be able to export to PRO TOOLS I baught X2ProLe.
I gave Roles to every clip such as

- DIALOG
- Music
- Effects

and so on.

Afterwards I created a AFF File.

BUT:

First of all, the AAF cereated was VERY BIG. It was 4 GIByte big, althoutgh the film was only 30 minutes with 6 Tracks of Audio.....

Also when opened in PRO TOOLS we had 56 (Tracks) instead of 6 and is was a total chaos....

How can I get 6 lined up tracks ? Or do I need to buy the PRO Version for that ????

Thank you in Advance,

regards from berlin, Germany

markus thoess

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds