FCPX 10.0.8/Compound Clips/ProTools 9

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 1 day ago #537 by graeme robinson
graeme robinson replied the topic: Re: FCPX 10.0.8/Compound Clips/ProTools 9
1 - Yes, X2Pro works with projects exported from 10.0.8
2 - Yes, the separate audio within the compound clips will be put in the AAF. Yes, Pro Tools 9 will be able to open the AAF created by X2Pro
3 - The LE version may meet your needs, but the Pro version has a few more features, including:
- Option to create an AAF with referenced (rather than embedded) media.
- Option to trim embedded media with optional or configurable handles (rather than embedding the whole master clip's audio). This is useful if you will be sending you AAFs over the internet because it will enable you to make the AAF considerably smaller
- Closer control of the conversion of roles (e.g. merge sub-roles, only include chosen roles)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• loulaza
  • loulaza's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 years 3 days ago #534 by loulaza
loulaza created the topic: FCPX 10.0.8/Compound Clips/ProTools 9
Hello,

I'm currently contemplating the purchase of X2Pro but I would like the answers to my following questions:

1) I'm running 10.0.8, will X2Pro work?
2) I shot my video on a 5D Mark III and recorded sound via lapels and a boom (using 2 different H4N). I synced the audio using FCPX, which created compound clips. Within the compound clips, there's the 5D video and 2 extra audio tracks. Will these audio tracks within the compound clips be transferred/accessible once using X2Pro? My friend will be editing my sound on ProTools 9... Will it work?
3) Do I need X2Pro Professional, or is the standard version just fine for my needs?

Thanks in advance,
Louis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds