Help! Audio files a mess when opening in ProTools

More
10 years 8 months ago #713 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: Re: Help! Audio files a mess when opening in ProTools
Dear KateD

We have resolved the issue in 3742 in the latest release, would be very grateful if you could advise whether you have upgraded to 2.1.9 and that all is well.

Yours Sincerely and many thanks.

James.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 10 months ago #631 by graeme robinson
graeme robinson replied the topic: Re: Help! Audio files a mess when opening in ProTools
KateD,

There is an internal support ticket (number 3742) that is assigned to this issue. I'm going to lower the priority of the support ticket to "low" because I need more information to be able to investigate, and I never got a reply to the last question I asked.

Please let me know if you can provide the information that I need, or whether it is no longer an issue for you?

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 10 months ago #605 by graeme robinson
graeme robinson replied the topic: Re: Help! Audio files a mess when opening in ProTools
Storyteller,

What do you mean by "everything is messed up"? Are clips out of sync, or are they just not organised in the way that you were expecting?

More
10 years 10 months ago #603 by storyteller
storyteller replied the topic: Re: Help! Audio files a mess when opening in ProTools
I have the same exprience. When I give it to the soundguys, everything is messed up. Could it be a import thing in Protools??

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 11 months ago #576 by graeme robinson
graeme robinson replied the topic: Re: [TS3742] Help! Audio files a mess when opening
KateD

I have compared an AAF created by X2Pro 2.1.6 to your FCPXML and everything seems right to me. I looked at every clip in the first minute, the last minute and in 4 other places in you project where there were warnings from X2Pro about clip retimings (which were not an issue because they were video-only clips that were retimed)

Without a timecode and a name of a clip that you think is in the wrong place, I don't know what else to look for.

I have attached a picture showing some ways that a clip could be out of sync. Could you please take a look and indicate which one describes best the sync issue that you are seeing?

Attachment Sync.png not found

Attachments:

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #575 by graeme robinson
graeme robinson replied the topic: Re: [TS3742] Help! Audio files a mess when opening
Thank you for the FCPXML, I'll keep you updated with what I find.

Can you confirm that you are using the latest version (2.1.6) from the app store?

It would speed up my investigation greatly if you could tell me an exact time time code of where to look something that is wrong?
Last Edit: 10 years 11 months ago by graeme robinson.

• KateD
  • KateD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 years 11 months ago #574 by KateD
KateD replied the topic: Re: Help! Audio files a mess when opening in ProTools
Couldn't attach file via forum... here is a link: www.dropbox.com/s/3jxll58emwbhvxd/Garson_Shaw_Docu_retry.fcpxml

• KateD
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 years 11 months ago #573 by KateD
KateD replied the topic: Re: Help! Audio files a mess when opening in ProTools
Thank you for the reply!

When the clips are loaded into ProTools 10... they do not sync up with the video. They start and stop at the wrong places. It's all there, but essentially scrambled and out of order.

I'm attaching the fcpxml that I used to covert to AAF. Any further help would be appreciated. I think it's possible that my fps rates are screwy. Is there any fix for that? This is my first time having to export this type of file... big time newbie.

I don't get any warnings about re-timing. Only a warning that "audio file could not be found for Marker xxx:xxx... was ignored". I assumed from other posts in this forum that this was okay.

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 11 months ago #570 by graeme robinson
Hi KateD,

Are you saying that the clips start and stop at the wrong point in the sequence, or that the wrong part of the clips are used?

X2Pro does not do any effects processing like retiming, so one thing that can cause clips to appear to go out of sync is if they were retimed in FCP X because. If X2Pro comes across any retiming effect, it should tell you when it has finished converting the project. In some situations where the frame rate of a clip is very close to the frame rate of a project, X2Pro retimes the clips without telling the user (for example if a 23.98/24fps clip is used in a 25fps project), which can cause clips to appear out of sync when X2Pro converts them, but in this situation X2Pro should still warn that it was not able to retime clips.

If what you are seeing is not caused by manual retiming or mixing similar frame rates, can you please reply and attach your FCPXML for us to take a look at. It would also be very useful to know a time code of where to look for a clip that is wrong.

• KateD
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 years 11 months ago #568 by KateD
KateD created the topic: Help! Audio files a mess when opening in ProTools
I'm trying to send an AAF file to be mixed in a studio across town. I downloaded X2Pro yesterday in order to do this. My video is 20 mins on FCPX with interview clips and music. My sound guy had this to say after I sent it, via Dropbox:

"Wish I could show you exactly how it is, but its like a Tetris game. Ha ha. Basically, all of the interview clips are there,
but they are all in the wrong spot and are starting and stopping randomly. So for me to fix this, I have to go in and manually adjust each clip and piece of music from beginning to end to line up with the stereo mix from the video file."

I have no idea what is going on!! I am not very experience with AAF files, I am just simply trying to export my audio to be able to have someone professionally mix the sound. Does anyone have any insights? I am almost out of time. :(

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds