No AAF File Created

More
10 years 5 months ago #852 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: No AAF File Created
Dear Daniel,

Have you been able to upgrade to the latest version of X2pro. We believe that in your particular instance the scoped bookmark agent will not now be called.

Please advise

Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #775 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: No AAF File Created
Dear Daniel,

Just so your aware we have resolved this issue in our code, and the fix will be available in the next release.

Yours Sincerely.

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 9 months ago #673 by graeme robinson
graeme robinson replied the topic: No AAF File Created
Daniel,

We think that you have found a bug that affects X2Pro only on 10.6 (Snow Leopard), and only when there was some reason that X2Pro failed to convert the project (e.g. because of unfinalized auditions).

We will look into addressing this bug, but this will take some time, especially when considering the amount of time it takes for apple to review the app. Until we can get a fix out, as a workaround you could make sure there are no reasons that X2Pro is likely to fail to convert your project, which in your case means finalizing all your auditions before trying to convert your project using X2Pro. If you need a hint as to where they are in your project you could look in your console log for any mention of auditions that need finalizing. I think there are about 22 timecodes for unfinalized auditions in your console log.

I hope this helps you get your project converted. Let me know how you get on.

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 9 months ago #672 by graeme robinson
Daniel,

Thank you for all that information. You are right, you don't have the media locations tab because OS X 10.6 does not have sandboxing.

We are still looking into why this could happen, but are unable to reproduce the issue in our lab so far. I'll let you know about any updates from our side.

While we are looking into it here, do you have access to any other Macs that you could try it on? Preferably ones running 10.7, or even better 10.8 as that is the latest.

• dberson
  • dberson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 years 9 months ago #669 by dberson
dberson replied the topic: No AAF File Created

Attachment ConsoleMessages.log.zip not found

Hi,
Attempting to post .zip version here. If it doesn't work I'll email the log to the address you posted. To answer your questions:

1. I did not set up any media locations - there are only three tabs in my preferences, one is 'media handling' but no media locations. I take it from the other forum topics that this is due to the fact that i'm on OS 10.6.8?

2. I am using version 2.1.9

3. see above

4. I tried logging out of OS X and back in, but nothing was different.

Very much appreciate your help. I am in need of a solution ASAP.

Best,
Daniel
Attachments:

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #668 by graeme robinson
Daniel,

I think the forum restricts what can be uploaded by size and file extension. Perhaps one of those is stopping the upload. You may have more luck if you can zip it first, otherwise you can email it to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

I've not seen those messages before, but it looks like something to do with "security scoped bookmarks" which is a security feature of OS X that allows X2Pro to access files outside of it's application sandbox. We have seen the scoped bookmark agent process in OS X get "stuck" which means that X2Pro can't access files outside of it's sandbox. The normal solution to this is to log out of OS X and log back in.

I will get the developers to have a look at the message (I've created an internal ticket:3876), but in the meantime can you please:
  1. Tell me if you ever set up any media locations in the X2Pro preferences.
  2. Check that you are using the latest update from the app store (2.1.9).
  3. Try again to get the log over (by zipping it first and/or emailing it).
  4. Log out of OS X and log back in, then try again.
Last Edit: 10 years 9 months ago by graeme robinson.

• dberson
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 years 9 months ago #667 by dberson
himm. I can't seem to attach a file here. Let me know if I can email it to you? I will say that the the errors seem relatively straightforward (unfinalized auditions, filters not supported) until the last two messages:

7/8/13 10:28:44 AM X2Pro Audio Convert[1609] -[NSURL startAccessingSecurityScopedResource]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x19d097c0
7/8/13 10:28:44 AM X2Pro Audio Convert[1609] -[NSURL startAccessingSecurityScopedResource]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x19d097c0

-D

• dberson
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #666 by dberson
Hi Graeme,

Thank you for the response. That is good to know about unresolved auditions. Up to now there have been no error messages whatsoever, although perhaps the consol log reveals all:

Let me know if that is what you were looking for?

Thanks,
Daniel
Last Edit: 10 years 9 months ago by dberson.

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 9 months ago #663 by graeme robinson
Hi Daniel,

Can you attach a console log covering the time when the app disappears? If you don't know how to do this, I can give some instructions.

When I looked at your FCPXML, I saw a lot of unfinalized auditions. X2Pro can only convert a project where all auditions are finalized. This shouldn't make the app crash, but it should show a message telling you where the auditions are that need to be finalized.

• dberson
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #662 by dberson
dberson created the topic: No AAF File Created

Attachment LA_EPISODE_FIVE_g.fcpxml not found

Hi,
I am using X2Pro with an XML generated from FCPX 10.0.8, and when I click "Start" under convert, no file is generated. It looks like its working for a few seconds, then the screen wiht the bar goes away, and no error message comes up and no file is generated. I am trying to work with the attached xml file.

Please advise????

Thank you,
Daniel
Attachments:
Last Edit: 10 years 9 months ago by dberson.

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds