Multiclips sending out too many channels

More
10 years 4 months ago #875 by pmazon
pmazon replied the topic: [TS3975] Multiclips sending out too many channels
Hi Graeme,
Could you also check that the disabled portions are not sent with the "Discard disabled clips" option checked ?

PS : in a multicam clip with multitrack audios

Thanks a lot and good luck for the fix !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 5 months ago #834 by graeme robinson
graeme robinson replied the topic: [TS3975] Multiclips sending out too many channels
Thank you for reporting this. You are right, this is a known bug that doesn't affect "normal" clips but does affect multicam clips. We are planning to fix this, but I'm can't say how long it will take to fix because it's not an easy fix.

• 5thwall
  • 5thwall's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 years 6 months ago #833 by 5thwall
5thwall replied the topic: [TS3975] Multiclips sending out too many channels
Hi,

I have attempted to send out a multiclip timeline with channels turned off in the inspector. All channels are still exported to the AAF.

I think this is sometimes a good thing - you'd want to send all channels to the mixer. But other times not.

If this is implemented, perhaps there should be a checkbox to ask the user if they wish to discard the multiclip/multichannel audio that is turned off in the inspector.

Sidenote- getting lots of crashing from Logic X on import. Got an error message about this file: libcom-api.dylib. Looked in my plugin folder and couldn't find it. Was able to work around this by adding the media drives into X2Pro.
Attachments:

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 6 months ago #786 by graeme robinson
graeme robinson replied the topic: [TS3975] Multiclips sending out too many channels
Audio levels should be put into the AAF as clip gain and/or automation gain. If the adjustment is made to the whole clip then it will be applied as clip gain, but if it is made using keyframes, it will be applied as automation gain.

If there is more than one lot of audio level adjustment applied to a clip (e.g. by applying adjustments to a compound clip and to the individual clips contained within it) the right adjustments will be calculated by X2Pro

• 5thwall
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 years 6 months ago #784 by 5thwall
5thwall replied the topic: [TS3975] Multiclips sending out too many channels
Hi, that's great news. How about audio levels. Do they also transfer over?

How does it translate to the AAF if you have keyframed audio levels on the individual components - and then you also keyframe the master clip when the components are hidden?

More
10 years 6 months ago #779 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: [TS3975] Multiclips sending out too many channels
Hi,

We believe we have resolved this issue now in the code and the fix for this will be included in the next release of X2Pro.

Yours Sincerely

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #741 by graeme robinson
I can see what you mean. I have passed this on teh a developer to look at. I'll keep you updated.

• 5thwall
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #738 by 5thwall
5thwall created the topic: Multiclips sending out too many channels
Hi,

So I'm having a bit of the opposite problem as before. I have two clips and a multiclip in a timeline. All three clips have only one channel active (1 out of 8).

When imported into logic, the 2 clips show the correct active channel. However, the multiclip shows all 8 channels. It seems that X2Pro disregards channels that are turned off only in multiclips.

Here's the XML. Let me know what you think.

Thanks!
Attachments:
Last Edit: 10 years 8 months ago by 5thwall.

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds