An Error Occurred converting Final Cut XML to AAF

More
10 years 4 months ago #866 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: An Error Occurred converting Final Cut XML to AAF
Dear Thomas,

As per my mail from last week the 'beta' release that Graeme supplied will have expired by now, to confirm this fix is included in the current release (2.2) from the app store. As such we would be very grateful if you could advise whether you have downloaded the latest and whether this is now resolved to your satisfaction.

Please advise.

Yours Sincerely

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 5 months ago #825 by graeme robinson
graeme robinson replied the topic: An Error Occurred converting Final Cut XML to AAF
Thomas,

We have an idea of what is happening with your files. The exact amount of missing audio samples indicates that the clips were recorded at 24fps, but marked to be played at 23.976fps. This means that the video is played at 99.9% of the speed that it was recorded and so will be longer that it really was. The audio is still marked as 48kHz so this will be played at the same speed that it was recorded. This will result in the audio going out of sync with the video. Unfortunately this is already happening in FCP X and there is nothing X2Pro can do about it, we just thought that we should let you know.

The quick fix that we are going to implement for you is to truncate the audio clip in the AAF when the audio samples run out. This will result in clips in the AAF that are slightly shorter than they might look in FCP X, but the only section that will be missing is a section that plays silently in FCP X anyway. As mentioned above, audio will be out of sync with the video, but it already is in FCP X.

I hope this information helps.

Graeme

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 5 months ago #824 by graeme robinson
graeme robinson replied the topic: An Error Occurred converting Final Cut XML to AAF
Thank you for letting us know. We will try to come up with a quick fix for you.

• Tee
  • Tee's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 years 5 months ago #823 by Tee
Tee replied the topic: An Error Occurred converting Final Cut XML to AAF
As soon as possible in order to meet film festival deadlines.

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 5 months ago #822 by graeme robinson
We have an initial idea of how we can change X2Pro to work around these strange R3D files, but we're not confident that it is the correct way to go at the moment and are looking into alternatives.

Can you give us an indication of how soon you need this to be fixed?

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 5 months ago #817 by graeme robinson
It looks like you have more than one RED clip where the audio is shorter than the video, but this time the audio is shorter by about 4 frames (167ms) rather than just two frames.

The workarounds below should work if you apply them to all your RED clips that have audio shorter than video. I appreciate that there might be a lot of these clips that you have to adjust in your project, and that could make the workarounds impractical so I have set the priority of this issue in our system to the highest level available.

X2Pro has been used to convert many projects containing RED clips, and none of those RED clips had shorter audio than video. Can you please explain how your R3D clips were created (camera model, software package, etc)?

• Tee
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 years 5 months ago #816 by Tee
I removed the clip altogether and am now getting new error message. Please advise.

Writing AAF file
Adding assets to AAF file
Adding essence for asset [0803a] to AAF file
Adding essence data to AAF file for portion 0 of asset [0803a]
Reading audio data from audio extractor : 181831 samples
Failed to read 181831 samples
Error Requested 181831 samples from RED file but got 173824

Suggestion: Ensure the file is not corrupt

No AAF file has been generated.

• Tee
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 years 5 months ago #815 by Tee
I did purchase the Pro version for $150. I will try what you suggested and hopefully it works

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 5 months ago #813 by graeme robinson
Hi Tee,

The issue appears to be because the audio in that R3D clip stops about 2 frames before the video does and X2Pro is trying to extract audio samples for the whole duration of the clip. Can you please explain how this R3D clip was created?

We will be looking into how to deal with this better, but as a workaround to help you on your project there are a couple of things you can try that should allow creation of the AAF:

1. Export the audio from this clip as a WAV file (using FCP X) and import that back into FCP X. Now create a new compound clip that uses the video from the R3D file, and audio from the WAV file and replace the R3D clip in your project with this compound clip.

2. You could find the clip in your project and trim the last 2 frames of silent audio off the end of the clip. You can leave the video duration the same and just adjust the audio by highlighting the clip in you project and choosing to "Expand Audio / Video" then trimming just the audio. In addition to trimming the audio in FCP X, you would have to use the "Trim embedded audio" option in X2Pro (this option is not available in X2ProLE unless the "Pro" upgrade has been purchased, but is available in the full version) and also set the "Trim handles" to 0 seconds.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if either of these workarounds are suitable?

More
10 years 5 months ago #812 by Forum
Forum replied the topic: An Error Occurred converting Final Cut XML to AAF
Thanks, we are downloading the file and will be in touch when we have had a chance to analyse it and see what the problem is.

X2Pro Support

• Tee
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 years 5 months ago #809 by Tee
OK , file was successfully transferred. Please advise

More
10 years 5 months ago #806 by Forum
Forum replied the topic: An Error Occurred converting Final Cut XML to AAF
I sent you an email off forum this is what I said:

Thomas,
what are you using to try to connect to the FTP server? You will need an FTP client not the built in Mac one as it doesn't support upload, I use filezilla on Windows it's also available for OSX:

filezilla-project.org/download.php?show_all=1

Tim.

X2Pro Support

• Tee
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 years 5 months ago #805 by Tee
Yes and I had responded by saying the FTP Server page never loaded. Indicates :
The connection has timed out

The server at ftp.marquisbroadcast.com is taking too long to respond.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Please advise

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 5 months ago #800 by graeme robinson
Hi Thomas,

Tim replied to your email yesterday about 10 minutes after we received your fcpxml file. Did you get that email?

• Tee
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 years 5 months ago #799 by Tee
I sent email with attached file

Time to create page: 0.196 seconds