'inaccessible audio files'

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 6 months ago #831 by graeme robinson
graeme robinson replied the topic: 'inaccessible audio files'
Patrick,

Those are just warnings. If they are the only messages, X2Pro will have created your AAF so you can open that in Pro Tools.

X2Pro does not convert retiming from an FCP X project into an AAF. Your clips will be in the AAF, but they will not be retimed.

Retiming in FCP X either occurs because a clip speed was manually changed, or because a clip with one frame rate was used in a project with a different, but close, frame rate. For example if a 25fps clip was used in a 24fps project, FCP X would automatically retime the clip.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Patrick Frissen
  • Patrick Frissen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 years 6 months ago #830 by Patrick Frissen
Patrick Frissen replied the topic: 'inaccessible audio files'
I worked, but then I got a 'Report on conversion from Final Cut XML to AAF' that says 'Retiming is not supported. The retiming at 00:00:29.86 has been ignored'. Hundreds of lines like this with different timecodes.

What can I do?

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #829 by graeme robinson
graeme robinson replied the topic: 'inaccessible audio files'
X2Pro (like almost all apps from the app store) is sandboxed (unless you are running OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard). This means that it is not allowed to access any files or folders that the user didn't give it permission to.

Because X2Pro needs to read audio from your clips, it needs to have access granted to them. You can do this by adding a folder that contains the media files to the media locations section of X2Pro.

The media locations window appears when there are inaccessible media files, or is available as a tab in the preferences window. If you want to grant permission to your whole machine and any mounted drives, just add the main hard disk to the media locations (normally called "Macintosh HD"). This will add a location called "/" to the media locations window and from then on X2Pro will be able to access any files on your machine.
Last Edit: 10 years 6 months ago by graeme robinson.

• Patrick Frissen
  • Patrick Frissen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 years 6 months ago #828 by Patrick Frissen
Patrick Frissen created the topic: 'inaccessible audio files'
I just finished a project in FCPX and need to get OMF files to a sound editor, who works with Protools.
So I started with exporting XML (basic view) to my desktop and dropped it into x2Pro. I thought the only thing to do from there was just 'start' converting, but it didn't work; 'inaccessible audio files'. What did I do wrong? Pressing the OK button didn't show any X2Pro preferences and I don't know how to fix the problem.

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds