AAF Mixed Sample Rate Suggestions

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 4 months ago #874 by graeme robinson
graeme robinson replied the topic: AAF Mixed Sample Rate Suggestions
I don't know of any way in FCP X to change all the clips in your project to the same sample rate and it isn't possible in X2Pro, but I thought it might be possible in Pro Tools when you import the AAF. I'll take a look soon and see if I can figure out how.

In any case, audio shouldn't be going out of sync due differences in sample rates. Are you sure that it is not going out of sync due to X2Pro ignoring retiming effects? Any retimes that X2Pro ignores will be reported at the end of the conversion process.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• maurcs
  • maurcs's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #872 by maurcs
maurcs created the topic: AAF Mixed Sample Rate Suggestions
Hello,
My final cut project uses audio of various sample rates. These sample rates are preserved in the AAF. This apparently is causing problems in the sound dept. (Using ProTools) Anything that is not 16-bit / 48khz is no longer in sync.

If I understand correctly, X2Pro does not change the sample rate, only converts non-PCM to PCM. If all of my audio has to end up 16-bit 48khz how would you suggest conforming it all to one sample rate. Do you know of any tricks in Final Cut Pro X or ProTools?

This is my first time trying to go form FCP-X to ProTools, let me know if I'm misunderstanding something.

Thanks!

FCPXML attached
Last Edit: 10 years 4 months ago by maurcs. Reason: Adding File

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds