Is x2pro compatible with FCP X 10.1 ?

More
10 years 3 months ago #900 by battistella
battistella replied the topic: Is x2pro compatible with FCP X 10.1 ?
Just wanting to report back on this.

I have now successfully created two different AAF's from two different sequences and successfully brought them into Logic X. it seems there was a problem with the drive where the other media resides. That RAID is rebuilding now and I will test further.

But these last few tests is the silky smooth audio workflow I have been waiting for! I'll let anyone know that this is the way to go for getting audio out of FCPX!

Battistella

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #899 by battistella
I think I still have the upload details from previous R3D I have uploaded. but if you have my email I can resend. I probably won't get to it until tomorrow though.

David

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 3 months ago #898 by graeme robinson
graeme robinson replied the topic: Is x2pro compatible with FCP X 10.1 ?
David,

Does this mean that you are no longer getting the "Failed to open" error message?

X2Pro should support spanned R3D files. I think to look into this error, we will need to look at your R3D clip files here. I appreciate that the clip is large, but would you be able to upload it to our FTP site if I was to give you details?

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #897 by battistella
Latest error. It actually looked promising after I created the XML with Optimized media selected. about ten seconds into the file creation this happened.

This is as basic as a sequence gets.
1 track of audio. Its a 50 minute breakdown of an audio interview with embedded audio file in the R3D.
1 track of mono audio.

Perhaps it is because (the file is not corrupt) is on an external e-sata Raid and not an internal drive? Or it is having trouble extracting from a spanned R3D file, it's a rather long clip (more than about five minutes.

David

Writing AAF file
Adding assets to AAF file
Adding essence for asset [D026_C001_10188J] to AAF file
Adding essence data to AAF file for portion 0 of asset [D026_C001_10188J]
Reading audio data from audio extractor : 524288 samples
Failed to read 524288 samples
Error Requested 524288 samples from RED file but got 414272

Suggestion: Ensure the file is not corrupt

No AAF file has been generated.
Last Edit: 10 years 3 months ago by battistella.

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 3 months ago #896 by graeme robinson
David,

I think I may have misunderstood. If you are saying that the original media was offline, but is now on another drive that is accessible and the clips have all been relinked in FCP X, and you have exported a new FCPXML, then you should have done enough to get your AAF from X2Pro.

If you are still getting the same kind of error, have you checked that the file the X2Pro is complaining about really does exist where X2Pro is looking for it?

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 3 months ago #895 by graeme robinson
David,

I asked earlier if your media file is in the location that FCP X is telling X2Pro that it is, and you didn't answer. If the file is not there then X2Pro can't open it.

If you have FCP X set to use proxies for editing then your clips will not appear offline if the original media is missing. If you change your FCP X setting to use Optimized/Original media (from the menu in the top right of the viewer panel), does it then show your clips as offline?

More
10 years 3 months ago #894 by battistella
All media is on another drive. It has been relinked and FCP X sees all of the media, there is no offline media in the FCP X project, neither the original or proxy media.

When I export the FCP X XML I get the error I posted in an earlier thread.

David

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 3 months ago #893 by graeme robinson
X2Pro does not require that you copy the original media to your Final Cut Events folder at the time of import, but X2Pro cannot extract audio from proxy or optimized media because the FCPXML only points to the original media.

This means that your original media has to be online for X2Pro to process it. It doesn't need to be in the Final Cut Events folder; it can be anywhere that is accessible, but the paths in the FCPXML must point to where the files are accessible. This means that FCP X needs to know where the original media can be accessed before you export your FCPXML. If that location has changed since they were imported (e.g. you moved them to a different drive/folder), you will need to relink the original media in FCP X before exporting your FCPXML.

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #892 by battistella
Hi Graeme,

Herein lies the "problem". The media was not copied into the events folder at the time of import. (which is common as r3d's are stored on larger raid volumes or a SAN). So on import the radio button (leave files in place) is selected. Then the Proxy media is created and used in the project. This media has 24 bit audio so should be good enough quality to create the AAF's.

So I am guessing that A.) X2Pro has to have the original media file in the library (can't use leave file in place option) in FCP X when importing? B.) X2Pro can not extract the audio from the generated proxy media? C.) X2Pro needs the actual media and an alias to the original (maybe on another drive) is not enough.

David
Last Edit: 10 years 3 months ago by battistella. Reason: clarity

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 3 months ago #891 by graeme robinson
Hi David,

The FCPXML always points to the original media (either in it's original location, or in the "Final Cut Events" folder if it was copied there on import to FCP X) even if there were poxies or optimized versions created.

If the original media is still available at the location that it was when it was imported to FCP X, then the paths in the FCPXML should be correct, and X2Pro should be able to extract the audio.

Is the "A001_C017_06181H_001.r3d" file available in a folder called "XYXY PARIS PROMO.fcpbundle/XYXY PARIS_open/Original Media/A001_C017_06181H/" on a drive called "10TB_NEWTIME"? You can check this easily by going to finder and pressing CMD+SHIFT+G and pasting in "/Volumes/10TB_NEWTIME/XYXY PARIS PROMO.fcpbundle/XYXY PARIS_open/Original Media/A001_C017_06181H/" (without the quotes) and pressing OK. If the folder exists, finder will open there and you can check that the file is there.

More
10 years 3 months ago #889 by battistella
Just looking into this a bit further. It seems if the R3D are not in the Library (IE they are being stored on another Hard Disk) then X2Pro is not able to find and relink that media.

I store all of my R3D on a raid drive and generate proxies on portable "project drives" so there is no need to have all of the original media on the smaller portable drives.

This apparently presents a problem to X2Pro in that it can not drill through the library structure to find the R3D media where it resides on the other drives.

David

More
10 years 3 months ago #888 by battistella
HI,

Got this error today when trying to extract from R3D files.

David

Writing AAF file
Adding assets to AAF file
Adding essence for asset [A001_C017_06181H] to AAF file
Opening audio extractor for portion 0 of asset [A001_C017_06181H]
Failed to open audio extractor
Error Failed to open [file:///Volumes/10TB_NEWTIME/XYXY%20PARIS%20PROMO.fcpbundle/XYXY%20PARIS_open/Original%20Media/A001_C017_06181H/A001_C017_06181H_001.r3d]

Suggestion: Ensure that the file exists

No AAF file has been generated.

More
10 years 3 months ago #886 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: Is x2pro compatible with FCP X 10.1 ?
Hi David,

As far as we are aware the latest release of x2pro is compatible with FCP X 10.1, we don't appear to have found anything different between the seed we originally qualified against and the actual released code.

Yours Sincerely

James.

More
10 years 3 months ago #885 by battistella
Hi,

Might we be seeing an update via the app store in the coming weeks?

Many thanks,

David

More
10 years 4 months ago #884 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: Is x2pro compatible with FCP X 10.1 ?
Hi Maverick,

We have not qualified the actual release of FCP X 10.1, as this was only made available yesterday, we have qualified against the 'seed' for 10.1 which was made available to us some time ago. Provided there are no or minimal changes between the 'seed' and the full release then all should be good.

We are currently in the process of testing against the actual release of 10.1.

Yours Sincerely
The following user(s) said Thank You: maverick75011

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds