Bug : double time of clip in aaf

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 2 months ago #940 by graeme robinson
graeme robinson replied the topic: Bug : double time of clip in aaf
Glad to hear it's working now.

Thank you for letting me know.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pazu
  • pazu's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 years 2 months ago #939 by pazu
pazu replied the topic: Bug : double time of clip in aaf
You're magic ! You save us !

Thank you so much. I'm happy it's such a little thing.

Thank for your time.

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 2 months ago #938 by graeme robinson
Pazu,

I think I might know what is happening:

If I import the AAF that you sent me and apply a sample rate conversion to 44.1kHz on import, I get stretched clips like you get, but if I don't apply a sample rate conversion, I get a Project in Pro Tools that matches the m4a that you exported from FCP X.

Can you please confirm that you get the correct audio if you do not apply a sample rate conversion on import to Pro Tools.

• pazu
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 years 2 months ago #937 by pazu
Tried with a little section and it works well so I don't know. I've really no time to test right now each 30s of my project... I'll do it later. Really I can send you the 8Go consolidate (too big) ? As you want.

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 2 months ago #936 by graeme robinson
Pazu,

I'm getting those files now, but what would be most useful is the FCP X Project and Event(s) so that we can run it through X2Pro here and see exactly what is happening during the conversion process.

I'll email you FTP details so that you can start uploading the Project and Event Files

• pazu
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 years 2 months ago #935 by pazu
Ok, I'll send you fcpxml, aaf, audio export from fcpX & Protools and some screenshots (email with the right object).

I don't have time right now to test a smaller portion, I have to translate to fcp7 in order to send to mix... I'll do asap.

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 2 months ago #934 by graeme robinson
Can you try converting a smaller section of your project (just 1/2 minutes) and see if the same thing happens?

If it does, then getting the project and media files for the smaller project to us would be much faster.

• pazu
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 years 2 months ago #933 by pazu
Again, this morning lots of bug with new project's aaf, with new Mac Pro, new install of fcpX and everything.

I can send you anything, we have a strong connection here. I can send this new aaf of 100Mo if you want with the xml. This project (and media) is between 9 and 12go.

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 2 months ago #932 by graeme robinson
Pazu,

In order to figure out what is going wrong, we really need to see it happen on a system here.

Are you able to reproduce the issue with a smaller project, using just a couple of clips, that you would be able to give to us?

Failing that, would you be able to give us the full project and all the clips that are used in that project?

I can provide access to our FTP server if you are able to upload something that we can look at.

• pazu
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 years 2 months ago #931 by pazu
No, no, it isn't that. I know the behavior for retiming clips.

(a bit difficult to explain, I'm french and my english is a bit poor sorry).

But as i say, when we open in Protools 10, all clips (and i say all) are two times bigger in length. So if my project is 2min long, we got in protools something nearly 4min long. The other weird thing, the sessions don't begin as in fcpX. Each clip doesn't seem to start as in fcpX (dialogue, etc... are cut). In protools, each clip (doubled in length) show waveform in the first half and no sound in the second half. Really weird.

So I've done some test. I made an aaf for each roles in the two fcpxml i sent to you. So we open each aaf. Some of them are working great. Some have the same trouble. (LGF16's musique, extraits roles don't work).

I'll try to make screen captures when i can if you want. Maybe is a bug with protools, fcpx, mac os x or x2pro. I'll try to find which one !

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 2 months ago #930 by graeme robinson
graeme robinson replied the topic: [TS4401] Bug : double time of clip in aaf
Pazu,

Your AAF contains a lot of retiming which X2Pro reports that it is not able to convert.

Are you saying that your clips are playing at their original speed in the Pro Tools, rather than the speed that they were adjusted to play at in FCP X? If so then this is expected behaviour.

If it is something else, can you please tell me the name of a clip that exhibits the issue and the timecode in FCP X project that I can find it?

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 2 months ago #929 by graeme robinson
graeme robinson replied the topic: [TS4401] Bug : double time of clip in aaf
Can you please send your fcpxml to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and include [TS4401] in the subject.

• pazu
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 years 2 months ago #928 by pazu
pazu created the topic: Bug : double time of clip in aaf
Hi,

I've a big problem right now. Some export in aaf aren't good in protools 10. All clips are twice the time they are in timeline, so nothing is really in place. The weird thing, if I create an aaf with some roles, the aaf works perfectly well.

For exemple :

_ AAF from LGF16 v3 don't work : all clips double in length.
_ AAF from LGF16 v3 with one role (dialogue, voix off, effets) works. All clips normal.
_ AAF from LGF16 v3 with one role (musique, extraits) don't work : all clips double in length.

Can you check my xml please ? I'm a bit in distress.

I've got the problem on two macbook pro retina 15" and a old macpro all with the last MacOsX Mavericks, FcpX 10.1.1 & last version of X2Pro (pro version).

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds