AAF giving incorrect sample rate

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 2 months ago #948 by graeme robinson
graeme robinson replied the topic: [TS4416] AAF giving incorrect sample rate
I looks like we had some problems with the website so I'm not sure you would have been notified about that last message. It's working again now...

I have sent you a private message with FTP details.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 2 months ago #947 by graeme robinson
I have sent you a private message with FTP details.

• BI_Audio
  • BI_Audio's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 years 2 months ago #946 by BI_Audio
BI_Audio replied the topic: [TS4416] AAF giving incorrect sample rate
sure - the AAF is 1.6GB though.

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 2 months ago #945 by graeme robinson
Would you be able to provide an FCPXML and AAF that this happens with?

I can provide FTP details if necessary

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 2 months ago #944 by graeme robinson
I have passed your concerns on to the developers. I'll update you with what they say...

• BI_Audio
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 years 2 months ago #943 by BI_Audio
BI_Audio replied the topic: AAF giving incorrect sample rate
Basically, the AAF from X2 Pro A/C is telling Protools the audio in the AAF is at 44.1khz. This is incorrect - the audio in the AAF is at 48k. When I import the AAF into a Protools 48k session, via either drag and drop into the edit window, or using "Import session data" in the file menu, it wants to sample rate convert the AAF into the Protools session format of 48k. If I de-select the sample rate conversion checkbox in the Protools window, everthing from the AAF lines up correctly in Protools.

My point is this - I've imported many AAFs created using your software into Protools with no problems. All of the sudden, an AAF from that same software is telling Protools it's a 44,1k sample rate, which in wrong. This must be a bug that you guys need to look at. I don't want to send Quicktime movs with AAFs out for post at another audio studio, and have the AAF tell the audio post engineer it's at a 44.1k sample rate when it's not. Make sense?

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #942 by graeme robinson
graeme robinson replied the topic: AAF giving incorrect sample rate
I'm not really sure what changing the Sample Rate does in the window with the title New Session From: "AAF_FILE_NAME". It doesn't seem to affect the clips that are extracted from the AAF; I just opened an AAF that was created by X2Pro and chose 96kHz in that window, then inspected the WAV files that were extracted from the AAF and they were all at 48kHz (the same sample rate that the original clips were in FCP X

Choosing to apply sample rate conversion in the Import Session Data window is different; this does change the sample rate of the clips that are extracted from the AAF, and it also seems to retime them for some reason. For this reason applying SRC on import is best avoided.

If you do not perform any sample rate conversion, then check the sample rate of the clips that Pro Tools extracts from the AAF, they should all be the same speed/duration and sample rate as the original clips that you used in FCP X
Last Edit: 10 years 2 months ago by graeme robinson.

• BI_Audio
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 years 2 months ago #941 by BI_Audio
BI_Audio created the topic: AAF giving incorrect sample rate
I exported an xml from Final Cut Pro 10.1.1, converted to AAF with X2Pro Audio Convert 2.2. Final Cut project was 23.976 with a sample rate of 48k. When I try to import the AAF into a 48k Protools 10.3 session, it asks me to sample rate convert the audio because it's at 44.1k. I went ahead and sample rate converted and the audio was out of sync. I deleted everything and imported the AAF again, telling it not to sample rate convert the audio, and everything is in sync.

I haven't had this problem before, and have imported dozens of X2Pro AAFs with no issues. Any idea why Protools thinks this one is at 44.1k? All the media came from the same camera - I checking individual mov files on the FCP capture drive, and everything is at 48k.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds