PROBLEM EXPORTING AAF RED PLEASE HELP

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 1 month ago #1012 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: PROBLEM EXPORTING AAF RED PLEASE HELP
Normally X2Pro will embed all the audio from your source clips into the AAF that it creates. This means that if you use just 1 second from a 1 minute clip, X2Pro will include the whole clip into the AAF so that the in/out points of that clip can be changed in Pro Tools.

Obviously this can create a larger AAF than might be necessary, so there is the option to only include the section of a clip that has been used in the project. This is the "Trim embedded audio" option. By default X2Pro will include 2 second handles at either end of each clip when this option is used, but this value can be changed in the preferences window.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• delfinajzo
  • delfinajzo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 years 1 month ago #1011 by delfinajzo
delfinajzo replied the topic: PROBLEM EXPORTING AAF RED PLEASE HELP
I don´t understand what the "Trim embedded audio" option does exactly.
Can you explain it to me please?

Thanks.

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #1010 by Forum
Forum replied the topic: PROBLEM EXPORTING AAF RED PLEASE HELP
It really doesn't matter, that is just the metadata and X2Pro ignores it all anyway! I suspect that the Trim embedded Audio' meant that the file was not read beyond the end of the first span which would mean that it was OK.

X2Pro Support
Last Edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Forum.

• delfinajzo
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 years 1 month ago #1009 by delfinajzo
Yes, that seems easier. Thank you very much.

Though, I have another question. Which is the correct way to export the XML from FCP?
General, Extended, None, Audio, etc.?
Because I tried something. I exported an XML in None mode, then run it on X2Pro and then checked "Trim embedded audio" and it worked. I now have an AAF.
But I´m not sure I´m doing it right. I´m afraid that some information could be missing and my sound editor will hate me!

More
10 years 1 month ago #1008 by Forum
The bookmark needs either to become invalid or to be removed altogether, one method which will work (tested here) is to use your favourite text or XML editor and do a 'search and replace' on all instances of 'bookmark>' and change them to 'junk>' this will make all of the tags valid but ignored and the fcpxml will process. Alternatively remove the whole thing from <bookmark> to </bookmark> inclusive. The search and replace method is probably the easier and can be reversed more easily if necessary.

X2Pro Support

• delfinajzo
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 years 1 month ago #1007 by delfinajzo
Ok. Should I erase only the word "bookmark" or all this every time it appears?

<bookmark>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</bookmark>

More
10 years 1 month ago #1005 by Forum
I believe that you have encountered a recently identified problem with RED files which only affects spanned RED files when running on Mavericks. There are 2 possible ways to work around this problem, the first is probably impractical which is to run on an earlier OSX version, the second is to edit the XML file to remove all the bookmarks, this will then force the use of the media locations information in the X2Pro settings.

X2Pro Support

• delfinajzo
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 years 1 month ago #997 by delfinajzo
delfinajzo created the topic: PROBLEM EXPORTING AAF RED PLEASE HELP
Hi!
I'm trying to export an AAF from a Final Cut Pro X 10.1.2.
The original media was recorded with a RED ONE.

But AAF is not generated. This is the error log. Please help!

Writing AAF file
Adding assets to AAF file
Adding essence for asset [s02 - 03 - 02 (sin audio)] to AAF file
Adding essence data to AAF file for portion 0 of asset [s02 - 03 - 02 (sin audio)]
Reading audio data from audio extractor : 944272 samples
Failed to read 944272 samples
Error Requested 944272 samples from RED file but got 942881

Suggestion: Ensure the file is not corrupt

No AAF file has been generated.

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds