XML export from FCP 10.08 options

More
9 years 11 months ago #1069 by Forum
Forum replied the topic: XML export from FCP 10.08 options
The reason may be in the console, please open the console and clear the contents then re-do the conversion and send the console (all messages) output and we can take a look to see what the reason is that the application quit unexpectedly.

X2Pro Support

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ryder
  • Ryder's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 11 months ago #1068 by Ryder
Ryder replied the topic: XML export from FCP 10.08 options
The conversion seemed to go as planned, except: just as AAf was completed, a message appeared, for such a short time I could hardly read it. I just picked up something about time remap. Then an Apple message informed me that the application had quit abruptly. I have no way of knowing if the AAFs are really complete. I understand from reading articles that time remap shots in the timeline are not comprehended, and are thus replaced with a placeholder of the correct duration, so that sync will not be lost. If this is the case, fine. The truth will come out this afternoon at the mixing studio... Any inkling as to why the application quit so abruptly?

More
9 years 11 months ago #1067 by Forum
Forum replied the topic: XML export from FCP 10.08 options
Ryder,
It is not important what choice you select there as X2Pro will not use any of the metadata items there anyway.

X2Pro Support
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ryder

• Ryder
  • Ryder's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 11 months ago #1066 by Ryder
Ryder created the topic: XML export from FCP 10.08 options
Hi, I'm new here. I'm bringing an AAF to Pro Tools mixing studio tomorrow and hoping that all wil go smoothing. When I export XML from Final Cut Pro (to convert audio with X2Pro for Pro Tools) a Metadata View menu is available. In previous versions of FCPX, this menu didn't exist. How does this affect the XML export? Which view is ideal for for a FCP timeline with 8 tracks?
Basic? General? Extended? Audio? EXIF? IPTC? Settings? What is the purpose? Thanks

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds