Failed conversion

• adrianozzo
  • adrianozzo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 10 months ago #1175 by adrianozzo
adrianozzo replied the topic: Failed conversion
Maybe the problem isn't in X2Pro, but in FCPX. Or some mess I did. Anyway, there was some problem in the link to the files. I revealed them in the finder and I discovered that the icon of the missing files was not like in the image I attached but darker. Some sort of wrong link. I had the bright idea of looking among the multicam clips for the file whose conversion failed (its name blinked for a millisecond), else I would never have solved this problem.
Sorry for my english.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #1174 by Forum
Forum replied the topic: Failed conversion
X2Pro shouldn't just stop when media is off-line (can't be found), it should warn about it and tell you to check. If you can re-produce the problem in a small sample we would like to see it, if you can describe how to re-produce it with multicam clips then that would also be helpful as we would prefer to fix any unexpected stopping of the application!

X2Pro Support

• adrianozzo
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 10 months ago #1173 by adrianozzo
adrianozzo replied the topic: Failed conversion
I cursed and cursed, I was about to surrender, but... I noticed that the conversione stopped when approaching to a certain multicam clip. I checked this clip, and even if I saw the media, FCPX actually considered them offline. I relinked it and all went fine. So when files are offline the X2Pro AAF conversion stops.

More
9 years 10 months ago #1172 by Forum
Forum replied the topic: Failed conversion
The FCP XML file converts OK without the media so if something is failing it is likely to be a 'bad' media file. Please open the console on the mac and look for any messages printed by X2Pro when it tries to convert the XML file. This should give you some idea what is actually failing. If you can export the full console log of an attempt to convert to a text file and upload it here we can check the information in it.

X2Pro Support

• adrianozzo
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #1170 by adrianozzo
adrianozzo created the topic: Failed conversion
Hello,
I keep trying to convert this fcpxml file, but something seems wrong. The conversion stops abruptly and the AAF file stays incomplete. No errors are shown. I have Final Cut X 10.0.9 and I have already used X2Pro with success. Don't know what to do! If this can help, the thing seems starting when he approaches to a multicam clip.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 9 years 10 months ago by adrianozzo.

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds