Error message after hitting start

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 8 months ago #1214 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: Error message after hitting start
Sorry; my mistake, that clip is referenced in the fcpxml.

Can you check if you are able to open that file ("A048_C014_0101W4_001.r3d" in the folder "/FCPX TEST.fcpbundle/Life in Color/Original Media/A048_C014_0101W4/" on a drive called "test") in the RED PLAYER?

If you don't have the RED PLAYER, it can be downloaded from their website as part of the "REDCINE-X PRO" package ( https://www.red.com/downloads )

How large is the file? Are you able to let us look at it? I can provide FTP details in a private message if you need.

Are you able to work around the problem by duplicating the project and disabling that clip then exporting the fcpxml again? You will need to make sure that "Discard disabled clips" is enabled in the X2Pro preferences. Obviously if this does work, the audio from that clip will be missing, but that will tell us if it is an issue with just the file, or others too. It also may enable you to send something to the audio place until we can fix it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Skheinss
  • Skheinss's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 8 months ago #1213 by Skheinss
Skheinss replied the topic: Error message after hitting start
Hi Graeme,

Thanks for your reply! I have triple verified that the clip is, in fact, in my original media. Yet we are still having the same issue. And that is the correct XML for the error message. Do you have any other ideas?

Sarah

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 8 months ago #1211 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: Error message after hitting start
Hi Sarah,

That error message in the screenshot has been clipped. For future reference; it would be better if you could copy/paste the text from the window rather than taking a screen grab.

The error message is indicating that when X2Pro tried to extract the audio from a clip called A048_C014_0101W4, it wasn't able to find it in the location that the fcpxml said it would be. Have you checked (using finder) whether the file is where X2Pro is looking for it?

I tried looking in your fcpxml for the reference to that clip so that I could tell you complete path to file in order to check if it is there, but there appears to be no instance of a clip called A048_C014_0101W4 in the project fcpxml that you attached. Is this the wrong fcpxml for the error message?

• Skheinss
  • Skheinss's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 8 months ago #1207 by Skheinss
Skheinss created the topic: Error message after hitting start
Hi, I'm editing a feature on FCPX that was shot with a Red Epic X. I'm running the latest OSX and the updated X2Pro, but for some reason, after I follow all the setup steps, select a location blah blah blah, it begins the conversion and then gives error messages. See attachments below. I also will include the XML. Any help would be fabulous.

We are on a tight timeline (whose not) and would like to get this resolved as fast as possible. I'm not really an audio person so I feel a bit out of my element.

Sarah
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds