Nuendo Import - Audio Sync Problems

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 8 months ago #1225 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: Nuendo Import - Audio Sync Problems
I have sent you a private message with FTP details.

It is a good idea to keep separate issues in separate forum posts. If there are any files that would help us reproduce your other issue, you can upload the files to the same FTP location when you create the new forum post.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MGfilm
  • MGfilm's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 8 months ago #1224 by MGfilm
MGfilm replied the topic: Nuendo Import - Audio Sync Problems
Hi Graeme,

I will send you an FCPXML that just contains the countdown and 2pip, along with the resulting AAF from my version of X2Pro, and the source media.

Could you please send me FTP details to get you the files.

I also have another question regarding how X2Pro deals with empty audio channels, but I'll start another ticket for that.

Cheers,

Matt

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 8 months ago #1223 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: Nuendo Import - Audio Sync Problems
Hi Matt,

Are you able to open the AAF in Pro Tools to check if it is in sync there?

The fcpxml you attached has 3 unfinalized auditions so it won't convert, but if I ignore them I see 3 instances of retiming that will be ignored on shots that contain audio. This would result in audio going out of sync for those shots. X2Pro discards any retiming operations, so sync loss is expected. The retimed clips with audio are:
  1. 00:00:34.16: "OL Chopping carrots (8 audio channels)"
  2. 00:00:35.08: "OL Cutting Onion" (8 audio channels)
  3. 00:19:56.84: "RECIPE OL Cling film over capsicum" (1 audio channel)
None of these look like they are likely to contain pips though so I'm guessing that there are more out of sync clips than just these 3?

Are you able to:
  1. Duplicate your project
  2. Trim it down to just one clip that is going out of sync (the one with pips in would be great)
  3. Make sure it still goes out of sync when you convert this smaller project
  4. Give us access to the fcpxml and source clip(s) used in the project (I can provide FTP details if necessary)
If you can do that and get us those files, we can see the audio in FCP X and then convert it here and see it (out of sync) in the AAF and start to investigate why it is happening.

• MGfilm
  • MGfilm's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 8 months ago #1222 by MGfilm
MGfilm created the topic: Nuendo Import - Audio Sync Problems
Hi,

I have a major issue with my AAF files.

I have a 22min FCPX Project XML, converted via X2Pro into an AAF.

When my sound guy imports it into his Nuendo suite all of the audio is out of sync. The in/out points and the durations of the clips are correct, and they appear in the correct locations in the timeline, but the audio contained within the clip has 'slipped' out of sync by a seemingly random timecode amount. Even the 2pip is out of sync! It's completely unusable for my sound guy in this state as he'll have to manually slip each of the clips back into sync against the reference video.

It's a 25fps sequence with MXF footage from an F55 (the 8 channels of audio is another issue that X2Pro isn't dealing with well, but one thing at a time)

I've attached my FCPXML and can also provide the resulting AAF file if you'd like (but it's 1.4GB so that's probably not a great idea).

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated, as our deadline is looming and the soundie is angry and confused about the file I've sent him.

Cheers,

Matt
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.367 seconds