FCPX XML does not include media. Need to make OMF

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 6 months ago #1434 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: FCPX XML does not include media. Need to make OMF
MNIDREW,

v2.4 of X2Pro is now available so you can delete the beta and update from the app store.

Thanks for your help in testing the beta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 6 months ago #1367 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: FCPX XML does not include media. Need to make OMF
Thanks for letting me know.

There shouldn't be any connection between using this beta and the behaviour of FCP X. X2Pro doesn't modify FCP X in any way, it's not a plugin, it's a standalone app.

X2Pro is a sandboxed app which means that it can't modify files outside its application container (unless you browse to them or add a media location). This means that it can't modify system files or files that belong to another app (like FCP X).

If you want to be sure, you can delete the beta X2Pro app. After you delete the app, there will be no other files left on your system by X2Pro except a preference settings file.

• MNIDREW
  • MNIDREW's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 6 months ago #1366 by MNIDREW
MNIDREW replied the topic: FCPX XML does not include media. Need to make OMF
It did work, Thank you but I have had bad crashing with FCPX since the download. is there a connection?

#PLEASEDONTCHANGE

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 6 months ago #1363 by Graeme Robinson
Did the beta version work with your R3D clips?

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 7 months ago #1340 by Graeme Robinson
I sent you a private message with details of how to get hold of the beta version.

I don't think you need to remove the App Store version, but even if you do delete it from your system, you can always download it again from the app store for free.

The beta will stop working after about a month and the app store approval process often takes weeks, so please let us have feedback as soon as possible so we can decide if it is ready for submission to the app store.

• MNIDREW
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 7 months ago #1339 by MNIDREW
I would love to try it. Will the version I paid for need to be deleted?

#PLEASEDONTCHANGE

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 7 months ago #1336 by Graeme Robinson
We have a beta version of X2Pro which we think should solve the issue you are hitting here with RED clips.

Would you be interested in trying it and letting us know how it goes before we submit it to the app store?

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 7 months ago #1306 by Graeme Robinson
In future please copy/paste the text from the error message instead of taking a screen grab. That way all of the error message will included in the forum post and I will be able to read it more easily. It will also make the error message show in forum searches which might help other users in future if they have the same error message.

In the two screen grabs showing the error message there are two different clip names mentioned:
- ScreenShot2014-09-11at2.23.25PM.png mentions A008_C001_0514NH
- ScreenShot2014-09-11at2.33.29PM.png mentions B002_C003_0513U0
but the errors look the same ("Error Failed to open file"). I can't see what type of file that is because the error message has been clipped in your screen grabs.

The error message shows a path (from the fcpxml) that it is using to find a file in order to extract the audio.
- Can you please check that the file is really in that folder?
- Can you please check that the file can be played in QuickTime Player 7 (If you only have QuickTime Player X, you can download QuickTime Player 7 from support.apple.com/kb/DL923 )

In your next reply please copy/paste the error text and attach your fcpxml that causes in the error.

• MNIDREW
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 7 months ago #1304 by MNIDREW
The long error code

#PLEASEDONTCHANGE
Attachments:

• MNIDREW
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 7 months ago #1303 by MNIDREW
I added the drives and / confirm media access after verifying xml. below are my issues. Still have nothing to send to protools for finish. trying to keep FCPX in the post house I am a creative editor at. They want me on premiere

#PLEASEDONTCHANGE
Attachments:

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 7 months ago #1301 by Graeme Robinson
Please add /Volumes/DREW Q-SPEED/ to your list of media locations in the X2Pro preferences and try again.

The fcpxml will be small, it only contains references to the media. X2Pro will extract the audio from the referenced media and put in the AAF which will be much larger than the fcpxml

• MNIDREW
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #1300 by MNIDREW
Here are the error messages I get. Also, the XML has no audio when I kick it out of FCPX. WHen I watch tutorials about it, the file sizes are big and contain the media. Thanks for the response.

#PLEASEDONTCHANGE
Last Edit: 9 years 7 months ago by MNIDREW.

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 7 months ago #1295 by Graeme Robinson
As long as all the media is available when you perform the conversion, it shouldn't cause any problems. Having media files on multiple drives is fine as long as they are all available when you want to perform the conversion.

Can you copy/paste your error message.

• MNIDREW
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 7 months ago #1292 by MNIDREW
MNIDREW created the topic: FCPX XML does not include media. Need to make OMF
I am working on a project that has media on a few separate HD's. A and B cams are Epic Black Magic 5K and some 5D and gopro. I kick out XML and try to convert and have a volume error every time. I do not have enough space to keep things on the same drives.

#PLEASEDONTCHANGE

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds