"Failed to Open Bookmark" Errors - HELP!

• alex
  • alex's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 5 months ago #1658 by alex
alex replied the topic: "Failed to Open Bookmark" Errors - HELP!
thanks from me as well. I guess I was lucky with the error not being an issue the second time I opened the files; it may have had nothing to do with FCPx being open or closed. At any rate, if it happens again I know what to do! I should also mention that I bought X2Pro at the recommendation of the folks at Post Factory NY where we are finishing our film. Completing projects that were edited in FCPX is rather new to their workflow but X2Pro is one of the reasons that they can do it at all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #1656 by Keith Finnerty
Keith Finnerty replied the topic: "Failed to Open Bookmark" Errors - HELP!
yes I am very satisfied with the support Graeme, it's clear from this forum that you work really hard to look after your customers and so I am happy to give a positive review and actually did so before your prompt :)

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 5 months ago #1653 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: "Failed to Open Bookmark" Errors - HELP!
Keith,

This is the first time we have seen that error message, so thanks for letting us know that this worked.

In case you wanted some explanation of what we think was happening: When you add a media location, X2Pro is given a "bookmark" by OS X that allows it to get out of it's sandbox to the location that you added. For some reason at least one of your bookmarks has become invalid (i.e. OS X was not giving X2Pro the file when it asked for it via the bookmark), but removing them and re-adding them created new valid ones.

If you are happy with X2Pro and the support you have received; could you please consider giving X2Pro a review on the app store?

More
9 years 5 months ago #1652 by Keith Finnerty
Hi Graeme,

yes that worked thank you. I simply deleted the locations and added them again and it is working now. I really appreciate the support.

Regards

Keith

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 5 months ago #1651 by Graeme Robinson
Keith,

Do you have any media locations configured in the preferences? If so, can you please remove them and try again.

If that doesn't work, can you please try adding a location that cover all your clips and try again.

Please let me know if either of these steps work.

More
9 years 5 months ago #1647 by Keith Finnerty
Hi Graeme,

I thought I'd mention that the error message changed when I deleted those clips I mentioned in my previous post to:

Writing AAF file
Adding assets to AAF file
Adding essence for asset [Clip #20] to AAF file
Opening audio extractor for portion 0 of asset [Clip #20]
Failed to open bookmark for asset [Clip #20]

Suggestion : ensure that the location for this file has been added to the Media Locations in the Preferences

No AAF file has been generated.

again, used verify and it said all locations were accessible. Not sure if it is useful but here is the xml I exported for that try

Keith
Attachments:

More
9 years 5 months ago #1646 by Keith Finnerty
Hi Graeme,

OS 10.9.5, X2Pro 2.4, FCP 10.1.3

Here is the xml file. I duplicated the project and deleted the clip Control to see if that was the issue but then it came up with the same message for another clip in the timeline. I deleted that too and then a new error for a another clip came up - nothing unusual about those clips either.... I tried it with fcp open and closed and logged out too (and rebooted the computer). Interestingly, I also tried exporting the last xml file that I sent to my soundie and this one also came up with the error message even though it worked ok previously. That was in Sept (I've been away filming a doco in the middle east since then so this is the first project I've needed to export) so I'm guessing it is something to do with the upgrade of OS or X2P in Oct?

I appreciate your help.

Keith
Attachments:

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 5 months ago #1632 by Graeme Robinson
I just noticed that Alex replied via email, but that didn't make it into the forum. He said:
"Yes and I discovered yesterday that if FCPX is open, you don't get the error. If it's closed, apparently that's what triggers it. Weird! At least in my case... Good luck"
Let me know if that works for you Keith?

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 5 months ago #1631 by Graeme Robinson
Keith, can you please attach your fcpxml
Alex, can you please attach your fcpxml and copy/paste the error message

What version of OS X and X2Pro are you using? Can you try logging out of OS X and back in and see if that makes any difference?

More
9 years 5 months ago #1629 by Keith Finnerty
I'm having a similar issue. Does your error look like this:

Writing AAF file
Getting audio characteristics for asset [Control]
Failed to open bookmark for asset [Control]

Suggestion : ensure that the location for this file has been added to the Media Locations in the Preferences

No AAF file has been generated.

if you get a fix I'd apprecita hearing about it. I've set up the folders correctly and run the Verify against test which says all locations are accessible so this is a real hassle.

Keith

• alex
  • alex's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 5 months ago #1627 by alex
alex created the topic: "Failed to Open Bookmark" Errors - HELP!
I'm a new user to X2Pro (LE). Converting FCPX Audio-only XMLs for our sound mixer on a feature film.
The first (of 5) reels passed through with flying colors - all my level changes and even longer than advertised clip handles - but subsequent reel XMLs are getting hung up with Bookmark errors. This despite the fact that all the media folder locations are added (and in the preferences tab it indicates that all media is accessed).

I'll mail a dollar to anyone who can help me solve the problem! I wonder if it has something to do with file formats - in at least two cases, the original files are WAVs.

THANKS!

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds