Errors when opening the AAF file in Pro Tools

• Leon
  • Leon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #1675 by Leon
Leon replied the topic: Errors when opening the AAF file in Pro Tools
Thank you very much for this information.

I also sent the AAF file to another sound editor and he had no problems and no errors opening the file in ProTools 10. Together with your experience with the files, we can conclude that the files are correct, and everything is working properly in my system.

I posted this topic because I received that notice from a sound editor I'm working with and I wanted to make sure things were coming out properly on my end. I don't work with audio, so I don't have ProTools. Therefore, I cannot check this issue myself. So now I can be sure that the issue is on his system. He tells me he's using ProTools 8, but I understand that shouldn't be a problem. He would have to tell me which are the clips that he's getting the wrong audio, but at this point it doesn't matter anymore. What I really wanted to know was whether the files I was generating were correct or not.

Again, thank you very much for your attention and response. I'm glad to know things are working fine!
Last Edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Leon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 4 months ago #1670 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: Errors when opening the AAF file in Pro Tools
I converted your FCPXML and opened it in Pro Tools. The duration of the sequence in Pro Tools (00:05:08:22) is the same as the duration in FCP X.

There were 3 warnings about retiming being ignored at:
  • 00:00:10.01
  • 00:00:24.26
  • 00:04:24.10
which is expected because X2Pro will not retime audio, but these can be ignored because the audio on these 3 retimed clips is disabled.

There is only 1 clip in your project that has the "dialog" role, that has not had its audio disabled in the inspector. This clip is a compound clip that contains 5 clips with audio and all these clips appear in the aaf at the correct position and with the correct duration.

Can you please tell me the name and start point of a clip in your FCP X project that is short or has the wrong audio in Pro Tools?

• Leon
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 5 months ago #1666 by Leon
Leon replied the topic: Errors when opening the AAF file in Pro Tools
Attaching the fcpxml.
Attachments:

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 5 months ago #1665 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: Errors when opening the AAF file in Pro Tools
Can you please attach your fcpml

• Leon
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #1654 by Leon
Leon created the topic: Errors when opening the AAF file in Pro Tools
Hello,

I’m sending an AAF to a sound editor using Pro Tools 8.0 and he tells me that when he opens the AAF from my X2Pro the sequence appears with errors: the music files are in place but the dialogue, which comes from .MOV clips appear shorter than they should and the audio does not correspond to the audio that they should have.

I don’t have Pro Tools but I would like to test the AAF on my computer. So I tried opening it on Premiere. It seems to work but all the files are offline, so I would have to relink them to see if they work. Additionally, they length of the sequence is shorter than it should.

When I open the FCPXML and generate the AAF in X2Pro everything seems to work fine.

I need help with this as soon as possible. Thanks!
Last Edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Leon.

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds