AAF will not open in Avid

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 5 months ago #1664 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: AAF will not open in Avid
Not really. What was the error message? What version of Pro Tools? Was Pro Tools on OS X or Windows?

If your AAF isn't huge and you were able to give it to us then we could see if we can open it here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• LarryButz
  • LarryButz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #1662 by LarryButz
LarryButz replied the topic: AAF will not open in Avid
Hi Graeme, i just realized it was not compatible after i sent this message, my fault for not reading enough. however, my mixer put the AAF in pro tools and the program promptly crashed. any recommendations for this?
Last Edit: 9 years 5 months ago by LarryButz.

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 5 months ago #1657 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: AAF will not open in Avid
Hi Larry,

From the FAQ section of this site: Media Composer is not officially supported by X2Pro and the AAF files that X2Pro produces may not be correctly interpreted by Media Composer.

X2Pro clip boundaries are accurate to 1ms, but Media composer only supports editing to frame boundaries, so even if you could get all the media to import, there would be sync issues and gaps as it moves clips to the closes frame boundary.

Pro Tools is the officially supported DAW for AAFs created by X2Pro (though users have reported success with other DAWs). Do you have access to Pro Tools?

• LarryButz
  • LarryButz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 5 months ago #1655 by LarryButz
LarryButz created the topic: AAF will not open in Avid
Hi guys, i am using X2Pro to convert my FCPXML to AAF, but i am clearly doing something wrong. After i do the conversion, Avid Media Composer 7 will not accept my AAF files, and says "the embedded media failed to import". did i relink the files incorrectly when i made the conversion or is it something else? can anyone let me know some things or steps that i can do to troubleshoot this and see why its not working when it should be? thanks
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds