Urgent:Fade & start time errors: FCPX>X2Pro>AAF>PT

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 4 months ago #1673 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: Urgent:Fade & start time errors: FCPX>X2Pro>AAF>PT
Hi,

1. Looking at those screenshots, the fade durations look correct. The two clips with the name starting with "ATMOS" have short fades that overlap in both FCP X and Pro Tools, and the clip with the name starting "KT" has a long fade-in. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you?

2. Do you have an example of an fcpxml where this happens?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rinaldisound
  • rinaldisound's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #1672 by rinaldisound
rinaldisound created the topic: Urgent:Fade & start time errors: FCPX>X2Pro>AAF>PT
Hello all,

I know there have been similar posts to this one, but I'm not sure if they answer my problems. I have a tight deadline approaching in a few days and I would appreciate quick feedback especially on problem #1.

I do sound mixes for a team of filmmakers. When they were using FCP 7 they would export OMFs and generally speaking we didn't have many problems. Now they switched to FCPX so they got X2Pro to export AAFs to send to me. I am using Pro Tools 11.2.1 on a MacBook Pro OSX10.8.5. Overall we're happy with the way it works, but we've been running into some issues.

1. There are some fades that are not translating well. For example, one song in the edit ends and another is supposed to come right in, but in the AAF there is a long fade therefore the 2nd song slowly comes in at TC1:44 (see attachment called "ACC music transition" and what the FCPX edit looks like look at "ACC_FCPX_music transition"). The biggest problem with this is that since I'm not familiar with the edit, I take that fade as intended from the editor and leave it pretty much the way it is. Then I get feedback saying that the song is supposed to kick right in. I'm attaching 2 FCPXML documents for an expert in X2Pro to analyze and help me out. I don't know how to analyze an XML document. One is "Extended" which is the AAF export I was given to mix. And the other one is "Audio" for the sake of comparison in case there's a difference, but I'm not familiar with what is the difference between the two types of AAF exports.

2. The past few times the AAF starts a few seconds later than the reference video file even when I make sure I'm importing the AAF to the beginning/origin and nowhere else. This hasn't been a big deal because I can just select everything and move it and make sure it's in phase with the reference audio, but it's still worrisome and takes up some time.

Those are my main issues. Thanks in advance!

File Attachment:

File Name: Ramblin_Re...o.fcpxml
File Size:216 KB
Attachments:
Last Edit: 9 years 4 months ago by rinaldisound.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds