audio sample rate issue

• ilyas
  • ilyas's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #1738 by ilyas
ilyas replied the topic: audio sample rate issue
Thank you, i checked the tutorial, but there is only one thing that can be done in different way - reference embeded media, or extract it. In 6,5 there is no this dialog box. (i don't know if it's a bug, or it's just works this way)
Will the official support be added in updates?
Attached FCPXMLs, bay be they will help.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 9 years 4 months ago by ilyas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 4 months ago #1737 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: audio sample rate issue
Nuendo is not officially supported as a destination for X2Pro AAFs, but users have reported success. If the file didn't open properly, it's likely to be an issue with Nuendo's AAF import, rather than an issue with the AAF.

Telekinesis Studios have made a video showing how to use X2Pro with Nuendo that might help: www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaxUBaoe0po

• ilyas
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 4 months ago #1736 by ilyas
ilyas replied the topic: audio sample rate issue
Nuendo imports aaf since 5,5 download.steinberg.net/downloads_software/Nuendo_5/5.5.5/VersionHistory_IssuesSolutions.pdf
and version 6,5 has "even better" compatibility. www.steinberg.net/en/products/nuendo_range/nuendo/whats_new/whats_new_in_nuendo_65.html
I'll ask about SRC, thank you.
What about Nuendo? How can i be sure that i deliver correct file?

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 4 months ago #1735 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: audio sample rate issue
Hi Ilyas,

ilyas wrote: My aaf file was readable on nuendo 6,5 and last ProTools, but opened not correctly. Older versions of nuendo and Logic didn't open this file (but it's documented that they should open)

What versions were you trying to use, and where does it say that they should work?

ilyas wrote: Sound editor said that i imported audio files with sample rate 44100 and 48000, but when i created aaf all 44100 files were converted to 48000, so, they lost timecode, and it was impossible to edit the project.

X2Pro does not perform sample rate conversion. If your clips in FCP X were a mix of 44.1kHz and 48kHz then the AAF would contain both 44.1kHz and 48kHz. It has been known for sync to be lost if Pro Tools is set to do SRC (sample rate conversion) when opening the AAF. To maintain sync, don't perform SRC when opening the AAF.

ilyas wrote: I tried Xto7 and got very strange timeline in FCP7. My voiceover shifted. Audio piece is located correctly, but inside this piece audio is shifted. Some audio files (music, generally) were set duration to 1 frame. I hope this info can help.

Xto7 is made by a different company and so it works in a very different way to X2Pro. This info probably isn't much help.

ilyas wrote: I'm not sure that the problem is in sample rate, but it could be so. And now i have a project with different audio sample rates inside and don't know will it be ok.

Mixed sample rates should not be a problem as long as you don't perform SRC when opening the AAF in Pro Tools

• ilyas
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 4 months ago #1733 by ilyas
ilyas created the topic: audio sample rate issue
Hi! I had very complicated exports in the recent project and sound editor told me some problems he faced.
My aaf file was readable on nuendo 6,5 and last ProTools, but opened not correctly. Older versions of nuendo and Logic didn't open this file (but it's documented that they should open)
Sound editor said that i imported audio files with sample rate 44100 and 48000, but when i created aaf all 44100 files were converted to 48000, so, they lost timecode, and it was impossible to edit the project. "If it happened to all files, it were possible to fix all, but because it was some of them it became a problem" he said.
I tried Xto7 and got very strange timeline in FCP7. My voiceover shifted. Audio piece is located correctly, but inside this piece audio is shifted. Some audio files (music, generally) were set duration to 1 frame. I hope this info can help.
I'm not sure that the problem is in sample rate, but it could be so. And now i have a project with different audio sample rates inside and don't know will it be ok.

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds