• Patrick
  • Patrick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 3 months ago #1786 by Patrick
Patrick replied the topic: My sound editor wants to kill me
Thank you very much Graeme,
the sound editor was very happy with the file ! And thanks also for the idea of trimming. I'll do this tomorrow for the last version, so Frederic doesn't wait 3 hours with We transfer !

I wish you all the best,
Patrick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 3 months ago #1768 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: My sound editor wants to kill me
Patrick,

I'm sorry for your loss.

Glad to hear you have an AAF with all the audio embedded, that should be much easier for the sound editor to open. If you wanted to make a smaller AAF file (that still has embedded audio) you can use the "Trim embedded audio" option and configure the handle duration that you want in the preferences window.

• Patrick
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 3 months ago #1766 by Patrick
Dear Graeme,
this morning, Pierre, the editor unselected "Reference Wav files in place" and "Trim embedded audio" and we have a 1 Go file !!! It's a "1 min movie"We hope the best... And we are waiting the answer from the sound editor...

Sincerely yours,
Patrick

• Patrick
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 3 months ago #1765 by Patrick
Dear Graeme,
thanks a lot for the answer. You know, I live in Paris, and I knew the people who have been killed today (we made a movie together) in the terrorist attack in the Newspaper "Charle Hebdo", so I'm very sad but I try not giving up the work...

First, I'm not the sound engineer. I only know he was very unhappy against me. He didn't want to know more about my problems...

I just understand he wanted the same thing with OMF when I was with FCP 7, a "heavy file " with audio embedded but I never succeeded with it. My image editor is very good for imagination but it's the first time he works with FCP X (it's my fault), so, as an "independent movie director", I try to find alone the solution...

We do a new version tomorrow and I would like to know how could I put the audio files with the aaf in the same file... For the moment, I tried the embedded audio but I didn't succeed... Even if I ask for "embedded", it doesn't happen....

Sincerely yours,
Patrick

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 3 months ago #1763 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: My sound editor wants to kill me
Hi Patrick,

Why did the AAF not work with Pro Tools 10? What exactly was the problem? Were you unable to relink in Pro Tools?

Did you try embedding the audio instead? Embedding the audio results in a much simpler workflow.

• Patrick
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 3 months ago #1762 by Patrick
Patrick created the topic: My sound editor wants to kill me
Dear Friends from X2Pro,

hello from Paris! Last week I directed an "one minute movie" and it was edited with FCP X and I had bought X2Pro (129 €) but my image editor did an aaf (4 Mo) without the audio "embedded" and, even if the sound editor had the original audio files, it didn't work with his Protools 10.

So I had to buy Xto7 but it was not great, with missing files. The movie is with 5.1 sound, so you may imagine how it's long and intricate if some sounds are missing.

On next Thursday, I have to give the 2 minute version from the same movie to my sound editor (F. Ullmann, he was, for example, the sound engineer for the first Luc Besson's movie) and I can't give him an approximate solution. I would like to know why there was an aaf without links to audio files...

I wish you all my best,
Patrick

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds