Very Large AAF Files

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 3 months ago #1835 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: Very Large AAF Files
The fcpxml doesn't contain any media, it only references the clips that are used in your project, so the aaf that X2Pro creates will always be larger than the fcpxml.

It's likely that the AAF file is larger than you expect because X2Pro is embedding all the audio from the full duration of each clip that you have used in your project.

X2Pro has an option to "Trim embedded audio" which will only include the audio from the section of the clips that you have used in your project. This option often makes the AAF much smaller. If you use this option, you can configure the handles in the X2Pro preferences (the default handle value is 2 seconds).

The "Trim embedded audio" option is not available in the LE version unless you have purchased the "Pro upgrade" via an in-app-purchase.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• geppetto
  • geppetto's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 3 months ago #1833 by geppetto
geppetto created the topic: Very Large AAF Files
Trying to convert my XML file to AAF and am turning up with massive output files. Something must be wrong.
As a test I took an 80 minute FCP file and exported it as an XML. The size was 7 MB. When I ran it through X2proLE to get an AAF, it turned out a 19 GB file.
Does that sound right to anyone?

So as an additional test, I took a much shorter video... a 2 minute and 45 second video... FCPXML file size is 317 KB.... when I converted it to a AAF file the size is a colossal 13.39 GB.

How is an almost 3 minute video 13 GB when converted to AAF and and 80 minute video 19 GB,

All footage was captured with the same device, same conditions, file size, etc.

hope you can help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds