Referenced WAV Files

More
9 years 3 months ago #1864 by Forum
Forum replied the topic: Referenced WAV Files
If X2Pro is complaining about the lack of a video file then it is because there is a reference in the fcpxml to audio which needs to be extracted from that file, you have 2 options here. Either remove the reference to the file from the XML or get a copy of the file.

X2Pro Support

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• dfackler
  • dfackler's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 3 months ago #1863 by dfackler
dfackler replied the topic: Referenced WAV Files
Thanks for your help.

I have used TextEdit to find and replace the path of the audio files, and it seems to be finding them now. But there is still a path to video footage, which I don't have on the audio computer. I'm only concerned with audio here, so is there a way to get X2Pro to ignore the video footage pointers?

More
9 years 3 months ago #1862 by Forum
Forum replied the topic: Referenced WAV Files
It was intended that X2Pro should be run on the same machine as the edit, the paths have to be exactly the same to the media files and in many cases the references iin FCP are not to the original media but to an imported version on the original machine.
You could edit the fcpxml to correct the references but in a large project that would be painfully slow.

X2Pro Support

• dfackler
  • dfackler's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 3 months ago #1859 by dfackler
dfackler created the topic: Referenced WAV Files
I am the audio engineer on this project. The editor has created an XML file from FCPX and sent it to me, along with a zip file of all the WAV files used in the project. When I try to open the XML file in X2Pro to create the AAF, it looks for the media files on the editor's hard drive, which it is no longer connected to. I've added the folder where the files live on my computer to the Media Locations list, but that doesn't seem to tell X2Pro where to look for them.

Can we do it this way? Or does X2Pro have to be on the same computer with FCPX? Thanks for your help.

Time to create page: 0.196 seconds