Merged sub-roles

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 2 months ago #1876 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: Merged sub-roles
I'm not sure that I understand what you are asking...

Any audio that plays in FCP should be included in the AAF and should be on the timeline in Pro Tools. Roles are only used by X2Pro for laying out clips on tracks in the AAF. If you choose to merge sub roles, then any sub role information will be excluded from the AAF.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• maverick75011
  • maverick75011's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 2 months ago #1875 by maverick75011
maverick75011 replied the topic: Merged sub-roles
Thank you for your quick reply.
I think I used the wrong term and I've not been clear enough (sorry for my english).
In fact in FCPX I'm working on multichannels clips. In FCPx most of these audio channels have been identified as sub-role. In order to simplify the timeline in Protools, I thought I should merge sub-roles. In that case I would like to know if each channel of the clips (Wireless mic, boom mic...) can still be individually identified in protools.

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 2 months ago #1874 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: Merged sub-roles
When merging sub roles, clips will still be organised by role. All clips with the same role will be on the same set of tracks in Pro Tools.

With merge sub roles turned off, clips with the same role, but different sub roles will always be placed on different tracks, but with merge sub roles turned on, they would be put on the same track (or set of tracks if they overlap with another clip that has the same role).

• maverick75011
  • maverick75011's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 2 months ago #1873 by maverick75011
maverick75011 created the topic: Merged sub-roles
When I choose to merge sub-roles, is it still possible to work individually on each track of one role in Protools?

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds