Unable to Parse

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 2 months ago #1942 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: Unable to Parse
I would say that if FCP X is generating invalid xml then that is a bug; it should be escaping invalid characters... But I don't think the invalid characters are likely to have been introduced in the XML export process. I think it's more likely to have been introduced when the clips were tagged.

The invalid character is not a normal printable character, so it may have looked like it wasn't there in FCP X, but that doesn't mean it wasn't really there; it could have just been not rendered. Sometimes if invalid characters aren't rendered you can tell that they are there by moving the cursor through the text with the arrow keys or deleting letters one by one; if the character is there but not rendered, you will sometimes see that the cursor doesn't change position as you move from one side of the invalid character to the other.

I think it's likely that this tag was created by FCP X when it imported the clips, and it probably generated the keyword from the name of the folder that contained the clips. If the tag did come from the containing folder name, have you checked that folder to see if it has any strange characters in?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Bk2K
  • Bk2K's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 2 months ago #1941 by Bk2K
Bk2K replied the topic: Unable to Parse
Thanks for looking into this. I ended up first editing the XML and then replacing the tagged clips with another untagged version of media.
The original tags in the timeline did not have a space or invalid character and were correctly identified as "avid stringouts" however so I do not know at what stage this occured.
Was this an FCP X bug when it generated the XML perhaps?

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 2 months ago #1940 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: Unable to Parse
Your fcpxml is invalid. If you try to re-import it into FCP X you will get an error message that is almost exactly the same.

The problem is caused by some of your clips having a keyword set to "avid stringouts" but between the u and the t there is an invalid character (which I can't put in this forum because it's not a valid character). You could fix this on all your clips with that keyword by removing the keyword and adding it again manually, or you could try the fcpxml that I have attached here, where I have removed the invalid characters.
Attachments:

• Bk2K
  • Bk2K's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 2 months ago #1939 by Bk2K
Bk2K created the topic: Unable to Parse
I have a very mixed media project - frame rates and codecs etc - I am getting this error on import.

Do you have any ideas?

Best,

JC

Unable to parse FCP XML file to obtain project information

Details:
Unable to parse file /Users/Atom/Desktop/TURKEY GM REEL/GM REEL CUT PLAYOUT NO LAYERS.fcpxml (Line 1513: invalid character in attribute value
Line 1513: attributes construct error
Line 1513: Couldn't find end of Start Tag keyword
)
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.303 seconds