Finalizing audition error

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 1 month ago #2006 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: Finalizing audition error
Are the clips in the wrong place in the timeline, or is it the wrong piece of audio from the clip that is being used?

There are a few instances of retimed clips in your project. X2Pro doesn't support retiming, so any retimed clips will go out of sync in the AAF, but all other clips should be correctly synced.

It has been known for Pro Tools to cause sync issues when the option to "Apply SRC" (sample rate conversion) is enabled when importing an aaf. Do you know if your sound guy has this option enabled?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lemenos
  • lemenos's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 1 month ago #2001 by lemenos
lemenos replied the topic: Finalizing audition error
One other thing--maybe if an unfinalized audition is found by X2PRO, how about it says what clip the audition is in, instead of a time code that does not help at all?

thanks,
Les

• lemenos
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 1 month ago #2000 by lemenos
Hi Graeme,

Thanks so much for that, very helpful and clear!

Now it looks like i have another issue. I send the AAF to my sound guy, and he says the audio gets out of sync quickly.... any idea where that problem might come from? The project is perfectly synced on my side.

thanks,
Les

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #1963 by Graeme Robinson
Les,

Having done further investigation, it looks like X2Pro is putting the correct times in the report, but it's reporting the time of the audition on the main timeline, which in your remaining cases is part way through a compound clip.

The compound clips that still have auditions in are:
Compound Clip NameNumber of Auditions
sc 7 audio2
sc 8a audio4
sc 8b audio7
sc 8c audio4
sc 29 aud1
sc 44 aud1
sc 45 aud1
sc 48 aud2
sc 55 aud1
sc 76 aud2
fight scene aud1
sc 92 aud8
sc 110 aud4
sc 118 aud1
sc 122 aud1

If you finalize those 40 remaining auditions in the compound clips, it should remove them from the project and you should be able to convert your project like I was able to on my system here.

Please let us know how you get on.
Last Edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Graeme Robinson.

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 1 month ago #1961 by Graeme Robinson
Les,

I've just looked at your latest fcpxml and can see that it does still contain auditions but they are in compound clips so they are not listed in the timeline index unless the compound clip is open in the timeline!

I think X2Pro may be reporting the wrong location for auditions in compound clips, so I'm going to compile a list of your remaining auditions and where in the timeline the compound clips that contain them can be found.

• lemenos
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 1 month ago #1960 by lemenos
Really need help here! Deadlines loom!

As before, i keep getting unfinalized audition errors where there are no auditions present--please respond ASAP!

files attached.

thanks,
Les
Attachments:

• lemenos
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 1 month ago #1956 by lemenos
A. thanks for the Timeline index tip, alot easier to find the auditions that way!

B. Given that, i found i think 6 auditions i had not finalized before--NOT four pages worth, as the previous error message gave me!

C. And it still gives me four pages of audition errors with the next xml (attached). Am not having much confidence in this app, i'm afraid.

VERY frustrating!

lemenos wrote: ok, so i went back, clip by clip and finalized all my auditions, then re-exported the XML.

As you will see by the file, there are just as many errors the second time as the first (roughly four pages each time!)

and they aren't even the same time code--and, btw, the time code is all off, there is no such frame/second as 76!

really need to get this project to my sound guy, but this is not going well. HELP!

Les

Attachments:

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 1 month ago #1953 by Graeme Robinson
Hi Lemenos,

I just opened your fcpxml in FCP and can see that there are still unfinalized auditions.

I think you are having trouble locating them because you think that X2Pro is telling you where to look in time code format (HH:MM:SS:FF), but it's actually telling you in time format (HH:MM:SS) with fractions of a second (notice the decimal point, not a colon in the times), so 00:02:55.76 is 2 minutes and 55.76 seconds, not 2 minutes, 55 seconds and 76 frames

You may find it easier to look for auditions in the Timeline Index (Shift+CMD+2) because they have a different icon to every other type of clip/effect. I have attached a screen grab of one of your auditions in the timeline index.
Attachments:

• lemenos
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 1 month ago #1952 by lemenos
lemenos created the topic: Finalizing audition error
ok, so i went back, clip by clip and finalized all my auditions, then re-exported the XML.

As you will see by the file, there are just as many errors the second time as the first (roughly four pages each time!)

and they aren't even the same time code--and, btw, the time code is all off, there is no such frame/second as 76!

really need to get this project to my sound guy, but this is not going well. HELP!

Les
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds