Error Opening Asset

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 1 week ago #2059 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: Error Opening Asset
No. All clips used in the project must be online for X2Pro to convert it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jtdivine
  • jtdivine's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 1 week ago #2058 by jtdivine
jtdivine replied the topic: Error Opening Asset
So strange. I closed everything restarted the computer and now it seems to be creating AAFs. The audio guys did say they couldn't open reel 3 for some odd reason. I had to convert project to FCP 7 and export an omf there after trying 3 times in FCP X and X2Pro.

Will X2Pro export an AAF if there is offline media?

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #2057 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: Error Opening Asset
The error message is a little misleading; the issue is not caused by file permissions. This page says that error 54 is caused by a "Software lock on file" which means that another process has the file open and has denied any other process access to the file while it has it open.

The error message doesn't give us any information about what process is causing the issue, but may explain why the error happens on different files at different times; if the process that is causing the permission issue has different files open when you try it at different times, the error will happen on different files.

Given that information, do you have any idea what process/application might have had any of those files open when you were getting the error?
Last Edit: 9 years 1 week ago by Graeme Robinson.

• jtdivine
  • jtdivine's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #2054 by jtdivine
jtdivine created the topic: Error Opening Asset
This makes no sense. I just finished cutting a feature and I'm trying to create an AAF to send to the sound guys.
I have 4 reels. Yesterday Every reel exported except for Reel 3. Today I can't get any reel to export and nothing has changed. I thought it was a permission issue so I changed all the permission on the hard drive. I also opened the file in quicktime and it played fine. I have no idea what to try now and the audio prep is due now. UGH :-(

ok 30min later I try the same thing and now it exports. Very strange. Attached 2 sample files that didn't export but now they do.

Get error message:

Writing AAF file
Adding assets to AAF file
Adding essence for asset [AM26_04_Supermoon_NoStrgs] to AAF file
Opening audio extractor for portion 0 of asset [AM26_04_Supermoon_NoStrgs]
Failed to open audio extractor
Error Opening asset (/Volumes/Chosen 1/THE CHOSEN/Music/AM26 Intros [48K AIFF]/01 Sparse Piano/AM26_04_Supermoon_NoStrgs.aif) with QuickTime (The operation couldn’t be completed. (OSStatus error -54.)) [-54] [permissions error (on file open)]

Suggestion: Please ensure that:
- the media file has not been moved or deleted;
- you have added its location to the Media Locations in preferences;
- the media file can be played using QuickTime player.

No AAF file has been generated.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 9 years 1 week ago by jtdivine.

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds