ProTools user - best workflow without FCP?

• nailc
  • nailc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
8 years 11 months ago #2095 by nailc
nailc replied the topic: ProTools user - best workflow without FCP?
cheers il try that

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 11 months ago #2089 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: ProTools user - best workflow without FCP?
I can't think of anything else, just make sure that you get all the media files because some of them may be outside of the project library folder.

• nailc
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
8 years 11 months ago #2088 by nailc
nailc replied the topic: ProTools user - best workflow without FCP?
Hi Graeme, thanks for getting back to me

Seems for a reliable workflow I will have to get a copy of FCPX, in the mean time I will try your second suggestion.

Im arranging to get the whole FCP project file from the editor, are there any other instructions I need to give him apart from making sure that all the media files are all available at exactly the same path as they were when the fcpxml was exported?

Thanks

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 11 months ago #2087 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: ProTools user - best workflow without FCP?
X2Pro really needs to be run on the same machine that FCP X is running on because the fcpxml includes paths to the media files that may be different on other machines even if they have access to the media files.

If you have a copy of FCP X and the the editor sends you the whole project including all the media files, you can open the project, relink any media files that have gone offline (because they may be in a different location on your machine), and then export your own fcpxml which X2Pro will be able to convert.

If you can't run X2Pro on the same machine as FCP X, you may be able to get it to work by making sure that you have all the media files referenced by the fcpxml and making sure that they are all available at exactly the same path as they were when the fcpxml was exported. You'll also need to add media locations to X2Pro for all the folders where media files reside. If any media files are not available at the location specified in the fcpxml, X2Pro should show you the path to the file that is missing so you can correct it, but it will only tell you about 1 missing file each time you try to convert the project.

• nailc
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
8 years 11 months ago #2084 by nailc
nailc created the topic: ProTools user - best workflow without FCP?
Hi

I am an audio post guy working in ProTools. As I dont have FCP Im wondering what the best work flow is?
At the moment Im doing a mix for a client, he has sent me the XML file from FCP. As I expected X2pro was unable to locate the audio files. I got the "inaccessible Locations: X2pro cannot read media from these folder" message. Im wondering if I need to get the whole FCP project folder from the editor - which is not ideal.
is anybody working in a similar way that recommend the best workflow?

any help is much appreciated

Nailc

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds