Not a Wav file? It is

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #2106 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: Not a Wav file? It is
Hi Stuart,

It looks like you have "Reference WAV files in place" turned on and also have X2Pro set to "Generate an error and don't create AAF file" when "Handling media that can't be referenced".

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera_1_2015-04-26_1153_C0002 is a MOV file (with 2 audio channels), which means that X2Pro can't reference it because Pro Tools won't be able to load the audio from it. X2Pro can extract the audio from the MOV and put it in the AAF, but to do this you will have to change your X2Pro settings.

Either don't reference any audio and embed it all by unchecking the "Reference WAV files in place" setting, or you can continue referencing WAV audio but embed non-WAV audio by choosing the "Embed the media, optionally trimming" when "Handling media that can't be referenced".
Last Edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Graeme Robinson.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 11 months ago #2105 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: Not a Wav file? It is
Please attach your fcpxml file

• ShadesOfBad
  • ShadesOfBad's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
8 years 11 months ago #2104 by ShadesOfBad
ShadesOfBad created the topic: Not a Wav file? It is
I am getting the following message on my second use of the software.
Writing AAF file
Getting audio characteristics for asset [Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera_1_2015-04-26_1153_C0002]
Error trying to create reference for asset (not a WAV file or too many audio channels)

No AAF file has been generated.

So I am stuck, there is no sound on that file now, and it is a title file and converted fine in episode 1, so now I am stuck.

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds