Please help??

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 11 months ago #2110 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: Please help??
Hi Thomas,

Can you play the mov file in QuickTime Player 7 (not QuickTime player X)? If you only have QuickTime Player X installed on your machine, you can download QuickTime Player 7 from https://support.apple.com/kb/DL923 .

Can you please attach your fcpxml for us to look at, and are you able to send us "horse_drawn_fire_engines_2.mov" so that we can take a look at it here? We can provide ftp details so that you can upload the clip, or you could email us a link if you have some other way of providing it (e.g. sharing it via dropbox).

There has been one report by a user of a similar (but not exactly the same) error message because his clips were on an NTFS drive. Do you know whether the drive called "DS-M47T10701500037" is NTFS formatted?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thomas
  • Thomas's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
8 years 11 months ago #2109 by Thomas
Thomas created the topic: Please help??
Hi Im new here & apologize in advance for my 1st post being out of pure desperation. Im pretty novice when it comes to the tech side of things so please forgive me & my lack of lingo but I followed about every tutorial I could online to make sure Im doing everything right using X2Pro to create an AAF file from my FCPX. Ive worked on this doc alone for about 5 years through cancer & then hurricane Sandy destroying my home & now that I've finally got everything somewhat back to normal I cannot get an AAF file to a nice engineer who has been kind enough to support me & wants to help me finish the movie with a proper audio mix.

I start everything the way Im supposed to & it seems to take a long time only to give me an error message. Im seriously at my whits end & really just need help. heres what it said,

Writing AAF file
Adding assets to AAF file
Adding essence for asset [horse_drawn_fire_engines_2] to AAF file
Adding essence data to AAF file for portion 0 of asset [horse_drawn_fire_engines_2]
Reading audio data from audio extractor : 699050 samples
Failed to read 699050 samples
Error Reading audio data from asset [-50] [error in user parameter list]

Suggestion: Try transcoding this file and any other files of the same audio format:
[/Volumes/DS-M47T10701500037/DS-M47T10701500037's projects and events.fcpbundle/test/Original Media/horse_drawn_fire_engines_2.mov]

No AAF file has been generated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds