Error converting Final Cut XML to AAF

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 10 months ago #2147 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: Error converting Final Cut XML to AAF
That's good that you have found a workaround.

santiagomou wrote: Have you heard of problems with r3d audio files before?

There have been issues with R3D files in the past, but as far as I'm aware, none of them affect the current released version (2.5.1). It sounds like the underlying problem for you was that the R3D files have been moved, and you weren't able to relink them (please correct me if I have misunderstood). I have not heard of that happening to anyone else.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• santiagomou
  • santiagomou's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
8 years 10 months ago #2146 by santiagomou
santiagomou replied the topic: Error converting Final Cut XML to AAF
Yes, you are right. It was still making a reference to R3D audio files, however it's not like I couldnt relink the R3D before. It actually works in other platforms (Davinci resolve for example)
The problem seems to be with the r3d embed audio files, and even if I disable the R3d audio chanels in FCPx, they are still there and you are not able to phisycally remove them once you have synched the r3d files with the audio files (you can disable them, but you can't remove them)

I found a weird work around this that I'm hoping will work (still need to receive the ok from sound editor)

I exported the FCPXML, and imported it in davinci resolve 11. I then exported yet another FCPXML (dont ask me why but this made a difference) which I imported into DAvinci resolve 10, where I finally got to see the audio files from R3D. I manually removed all R3D reference audio linked to my sound files and exported a new FCPXML.

Finally imported this FCPXML into FCPX and exported a new FCPMXL that went into XtoPro, and it worked (for now,... I will let you know if the sound editor is ok with it)

The problem for me is with the r3d audio files, and the problem behind that is that with FCPX once you have synched the clips to the audio, there is no going back (at least to my knowleadge). What could've been done is an audio analysis to remove silent audio chanels.

Have you heard of problems with r3d audio files before?

Thanks!

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 10 months ago #2144 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: Error converting Final Cut XML to AAF
If X2Pro is saying that it can't open a R3D file, then there must still be some references to audio in a R3D file in the fcpxml. If you attach your fcpxml, I can check it to confirm that this is the case.

Is there a reason that you are not able to relink to the R3D files before you export the fcpxml?

• santiagomou
  • santiagomou's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
8 years 10 months ago #2142 by santiagomou
santiagomou created the topic: Error converting Final Cut XML to AAF
Hi there,
I'm getting this error message when attempting to create an AAF from an FCPXML

""
Writing AAF file
Adding assets to AAF file
Adding essence for asset [A002_C008_0508AY_001.R3D] to AAF file
Opening audio extractor for portion 0 of asset [A002_C008_0508AY_001.R3D]
Failed to open audio extractor
Error Failed to open [file:///Volumes/FILM%20-%20SECOND%20COPY/Movie%20Files/Obsolescence%20%5B050815%5D%20Day%201/Scenes(2D:2E:4A:4B:4C:4D:4E:5A:5B:5C).RDM/Scene4A-Take2(Wide).RDC/A002_C008_0508AY_001.R3D]

Suggestion: Ensure that the file exists

No AAF file has been generated.

""
Im working with version 10.1.1 on a project shot on RED.

There seems to be an issue when reconnecting the original RED media. However, since I only need and AAF for sound editing, I've tried duplicating the project in FCP, removing all the video information and exporting an XML containing only the audio files (which were recorded externally) but Im still getting the same error message.
I assume this is because i've already "merged" the audio files with the R3D Clip.

On a side note, when I got the drive from production. I realised all the R3D folders had been renamed, and now i'm inclined to think this might have something to do with this issue.

Any thoughts on this ? Anyone else has come across this same issue?

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds