Yet Another Parsing XML Error

• ningenmanga
  • ningenmanga's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
8 years 10 months ago #2171 by ningenmanga
ningenmanga replied the topic: Yet Another Parsing XML Error
Review written! Thanks again for all your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 10 months ago #2170 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: Yet Another Parsing XML Error
If you're happy with X2Pro and the support you have received, we would greatly appreciate it if you could leave a review in the app store.

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #2169 by Graeme Robinson
I'm glad that worked for you.

The fcpxml is a text file so I opened it in TextEdit and searched for "r4" (with quotes so it didn't match "r40") and it found 3 matches. The first one is where the "asset" is described including the file name and location, and the other two were instances of that asset in your project with the names that they are given on the timeline (Two Pop.mov). Of those two instances, the first is the audio from the clip, and the second is the video. Both instances say they have an offset of "3605005/1000s" which is near enough 1 hour and 5 seconds. You project starts at 1 hour, so it was the clip that was 5 seconds in from the start.

It would be better if X2Pro showed the asset name, rather than it's id in the fcpxml. I think there is already an open feature request for that.
Last Edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Graeme Robinson.

• ningenmanga
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #2168 by ningenmanga
ningenmanga replied the topic: Yet Another Parsing XML Error
Wow! Such an easy fix!

Two-Pop.mov is a creation of my own for audio exports with both visual "film" leader and 1k pops. I guess the channels got squirrelly somewhere in Resolve before it came back into FCPx. All I did was reimport the file and replace it.

Forgive my coding ignorance, but why does FCPx/X2Pro recognize the Two-Pop asset as "r4?" If it had told me directly it was the Two-Pop file, I probably could have found and fixed the problem myself. How did you read the XML and find out it was the 2-Pop file?

Thanks for your help. Love X2Pro!
Last Edit: 8 years 10 months ago by ningenmanga.

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #2160 by Graeme Robinson
X2Pro's RED support in the past has been problematic, but in the latest version it should just work. If you have any problems with RED clips please post in these forums and we'll try to help.

Your fcpxml looks a bit strange. Id r4 is a clip called "Two Pop.mov" that is used one in your project at 5 seconds in. The problem is with how the clip is described at the start of the fcpxml where each clip is described before it's position on the time line is specified. In the fcpxml, it doesn't mention anything about the clip's audio configuration (channels/tracks/sample rate/etc), but then the audio from the clip is apparently used in the sequence.

If you re-import the fcpxml into FCP, you will see that when you select most audio clips on the timeline, the "Channel Configuration" section of the inspector panel will show which audio channels are to be used, but if you select the audio from "Two Pop" at 5 seconds in, the channel configuration is empty. This is probably because FCP can't figure out what it is supposed to be doing with regards to the audio for the clip either.

It's not clear how it is possible to get an fcpxml with this problem, but it could be something to do with it going through Resolve.

Can you try removing that clip from your project, and from the event, then re-importing it and placing it back in the timeline? Doing that then exporting a new fcpxml may enable you to generate a new fcpxml that doesn't have this issue.
Last Edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Graeme Robinson.

• ningenmanga
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #2159 by ningenmanga
ningenmanga created the topic: Yet Another Parsing XML Error
Love X2Pro, but it's always been a wee bit RED finicky.

Getting the below error with the attached XML. Note that this is R3D Footage that has already been through Resolve.

Unable to parse FCP XML file to obtain project information

Details:
Getting asset with Id r4
Unable to find asset with Id r4
Suggestions:
- Ensure that the file is not locked by another application and is readable;
- Ensure that this is a valid FCP XML file from a released version of FCP X;
- Ensure that this is the export of a Project, not of a Library or Event;
- Ensure that this is not an empty project (or that all audio is disabled);

Attachments:
Last Edit: 8 years 10 months ago by ningenmanga.

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds