Re: Latest update?

• Chris Steele
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 11 months ago #145 by Chris Steele
Chris Steele replied the topic: Re: Latest update?
Thanks for the info. We are talking to the Motu guys and will talk to any other manufacturers about our AAF support.
We don't have any plans to support other file formats at this time, though will keep this under review.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mrlimbic
  • mrlimbic's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #144 by mrlimbic
mrlimbic created the topic: Re: Latest update?
I use Digital Performer 6.03
www.motu.com/products/software/dp

However, I also use reaper 4.22 (latest version of 4.x) which doesn't support AAF/OMF
reaper.fm/

So to translate projects from other formats into reaper projects I use AAtranslator (latest version 5.3.0.2)
www.aatranslator.com.au/

However, AATranslator doesn't support AAF but does support OMF, So I often use digital performer to import the AAF, then output an OMF from DP, where I can convert it into reaper!

Basically, to use your product with reaper I could go AAF->Digital Performer->OMF->AAtranslator->Reaper

I go to this long winded process because reaper has features that make doing film sound much easier than I find in other DAWs.

I have also used Xto7 recently with a client to do FCPX->FCP7->OMF->AAtranslator->Reaper which worked.
assistedediting.intelligentassistance.com/Xto7/

Supporting any of the formats that work with AAtranslator will give you access to many many DAWs.

Hope this gives you some ideas.
Last Edit: 11 years 11 months ago by mrlimbic.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds