Canon Raw Lite .CRM file support

More
5 years 5 months ago #6769 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: Canon Raw Lite .CRM file support
Dear Sterling,

The FCPX XML is still referencing the clip as a .CRM file. If you have transcoded this file it should not still be a .crm file, can you check please. If it isn't then you will need to remove the reference(s) to the .crm file in the project and replace it with the new clip.

Yours Sincerely

James

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Sterling
  • Sterling's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 years 5 months ago #6766 by Sterling
Sterling replied the topic: Canon Raw Lite .CRM file support
OK. Ive transcoded a test clip and tried it out but I still get this error message, below. It looks like it is still trying to reference the original CRM media file and not the one that I transcoded. How do I get it to reference the new, transcoded file? I made sure to add a "Media Location: within the preferences and that did not help.

ERROR MESSAGE:

The following issues were found (may cause loss of some audio from AAF) :
• Failed to open media file [file:///Volumes/Drobo/Projects/2018%20CABDR/Media/Footage/Sterling/CRM/00/A006C292_180329FK_CANON.CRM]

Information :
• Conform rates have not been applied.

X2Pro Audio Convert 4.2.2

More
5 years 5 months ago #6762 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: Canon Raw Lite .CRM file support
Dear Sterling,

Unfortunately AVFoundation does not support .crm files. We use Apples AVFoundation to extract the required audio, the only workarounds to this would be to transcode the crm files in FCPX or use a Cannon application to create a movie file and import this into FCPX. So you are aware we have asked Apples Product Management a while ago about when or if they would support .crm.

Yours Sincerely

James

• Sterling
  • Sterling's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 years 5 months ago #6761 by Sterling
Sterling created the topic: Canon Raw Lite .CRM file support
I just bought the software and am trying to create an AAF file. Some of my media is from a Canon C200. I get this error message:

Writing AAF file
Adding assets to AAF file
Adding essence for asset [A014C759_180407JR_CANON] to AAF file
Opening audio extractor for portion 0 of asset [A014C759_180407JR_CANON]
Failed to initialise audio extractor with default bit depth of 16
Error Setting up for audio extraction (Cannot Open)

Suggestion: Does this movie contain an unsupported audio format ?

No AAF file has been generated.
X2Pro Audio Convert 4.2.2

When I go into the Preferences/Media Handling and select "Generate a Warning and continue creating an AAF file" it works but then gives me a tone of these kinds of warnings:

The following issues were found (may cause loss of some audio from AAF) :
• Failed to open media file [file:///Volumes/Drobo/Projects/2018%20CABDR/Media/Footage/Sterling/CRM/00/A006C296_180329I4_CANON.CRM]
• Failed to open media file [file:///Volumes/Drobo/Projects/2018%20CABDR/Media/Footage/Sterling/CRM/02/A007C408_180403XC_CANON.CRM]
• Failed to open media file [file:///Volumes/Drobo/Projects/2018%20CABDR/Media/Footage/Sterling/CRM/06/A015C854_1804071F_CANON.CRM]

What do I do to ensure that I am creating the right aaF file with all of the media necessary?

Thanks!
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds