Media Linking and External Drive

More
3 years 4 months ago #7692 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: Media Linking and External Drive
Dear James,

Glad you managed to resolve, even though it was a bit of a faff. There are things in FCP that make us raise our eyebrows, however Apple have quite a lot of guys working on it, so they tend to do things for a reason even if it is not apparent initially.

Yours Sincerely

James

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jamesdave3
  • jamesdave3's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3 years 4 months ago #7691 by jamesdave3
jamesdave3 replied the topic: Media Linking and External Drive
Thanks, James.

I came across that, too, on Apple's site. Unfortunately I don't have FCP and even to download and install the trial to relink they want a newer OS which I'm not upgrading to until PT is a bit more stable on it (can't shoot the cash cow).

I ended up taking the drive and XML to a indie filmmaker I know who has FCP and had them re-link, as described in that article, and make a new XML.

Apple really screwed things up when they made FCPx. I'm glad x2Pro exists, I just wish FCP made certain things easier. But then again a lot of it is operator error I guess.

Anyway. Thanks.
~james

More
3 years 4 months ago #7690 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: Media Linking and External Drive
Dear James,

The following might be helpful.

support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/final-cut-pro/ver26f5c8c9/mac

Let us know how you get on and apologies for the late response.

Yours Sincerely

James

• jamesdave3
  • jamesdave3's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3 years 4 months ago #7684 by jamesdave3
jamesdave3 created the topic: Media Linking and External Drive
Hello,

I am an audio post-production professional. I have a client that sent me a hard drive containing Final Cut Original Media and an fcpxml. I'm trying to convert the xml to aaf for import into Pro Tools. I've told x2Pro to search the media location of where the files exist, but it looks like the xml is referencing locations on the client's internal drive. Is there a way to force it to look at the new media folder that is on the external that was sent to me? Otherwise it seems to fail to open media files and though it makes an AAF it doesn't have any way to reference the audio that is embedded in the media files giving to me.

Does this make sense?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
~james

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds