Clip Gain to Volume Automation / Markes (LPX)

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 11 months ago #4002 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: Clip Gain to Volume Automation / Markes (LPX)
The feature request is now in our system as ticket number 6357. Thanks for the suggestion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• VanDaven
  • VanDaven's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
7 years 11 months ago #4001 by VanDaven
VanDaven replied the topic: Clip Gain to Volume Automation / Markes (LPX)
Exactly, that would be a very convenient option, thank you!

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 11 months ago #4000 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: Clip Gain to Volume Automation / Markes (LPX)
I don't understand the second part of your post. Currently X2Pro puts clip gain changes into the AAF as clip gain unless there is any change to the gain within the clip. If there are gain changes in the clip, it must be put into the AAF as automation gain because in an AAF, clip gain can only be one value per clip.

I can add a feature request to the system to force whole-clip clip-gain in FCP X to automation gain in the AAF. Is that what you would like?

• VanDaven
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
7 years 11 months ago #3999 by VanDaven
VanDaven replied the topic: Clip Gain to Volume Automation / Markes (LPX)
Thank you for the answer, still, it would be excellent to have an option to convert clip gain to volume automation for both PT and Logic. The moment there is a (automated) gain change in the clip, also PT changes from clip gain to volume automation which is really inconvenient.

Thanks

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 11 months ago #3997 by Graeme Robinson
If Pro Tools is able to get the correct information from the AAF, then the information is in there for Logic too. The extent of Logic's AAF support is down to Apple I'm afraid.

• VanDaven
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
7 years 11 months ago #3970 by VanDaven
VanDaven created the topic: Clip Gain to Volume Automation / Markes (LPX)
Hi, I know that an old thread in regards to Logic Pro X exists but I thought I'd start a new one to get to the core of my concerns:

• Clip Gain:
AAF import of clip gain is not supported in Logic Pro X, it works quite fine for Pro Tools. What I noticed is that ONLY in case an active automation of volume exists within a part in FCPX, clip gain is anyways turned into automation. It would be so much easier to have the choice / possibility to entirely convert clip gain to volume automation information on X2PRO AAF creation.

• Markers:
While markers are imported without problems into PT, LPX receives no marker information at all. While I am not sure whether an option like that is possible at X2PRO AAF creation level, I just wanted to mention it.

Thanks a lot for X2Pro!

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds