A way of NOT including silent channels in the AAF

More
2 years 4 months ago #7997 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: A way of NOT including silent channels in the AAF
Dear Eike

Many thanks, I will ask Product Management to review and let you know.

Yours Sincerely

James

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #7996 by Eike
Eike replied the topic: A way of NOT including silent channels in the AAF
For my work at a broadcaster this feature would be also very helpful. I spend a lot of time disableing unused audio. In the edit I'm normally just making tracks silent, if I don't need them. This is always extra work for me and if I forget to disable one track the sound enigneer is always getting annoyed.

More
7 years 11 months ago #3992 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: A way of NOT including silent channels in the AAF
Dear Kyster,

I assume you are a colleague of ChrisBee's, as such I have mailed you already about the other things you wanted to discuss. Regarding this request I have raised with product management (TS 6356) and will advise after they have reviewed. If any one else has any feelings on how useful this feature would be please add your names to this thread so we have an idea of how many other users would require this.

Yours Sincerely and many thanks.

• Kyster
  • Kyster's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
7 years 11 months ago #3991 by Kyster
Kyster created the topic: A way of NOT including silent channels in the AAF
A really nice X2Pro feature would be if there was a way of ignoring totally silent channels when creating an AAF. Just with a simple preference click. It is VERY time consuming to disable all silent channels in large FCPX projects and it creates a whole lot of work for the ProTools guy if he gets an AAF with hundreds of silent channels.

Do you think it is possible?

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds