Linear Cross-fades to Key-framed volume adjustments.

More
6 years 11 months ago #5318 by jeansemeur
jeansemeur replied the topic: can I transfer fcpx fade - linear cross fades?
Yes i understand Graeme,

But in fact, when you put a crossfade in FCP X, you don't use fade handle (button) at the same time ;)... often you choose one or the other... and there if there is both, it's often a mistake...isn't it ?
So maybe X2Pro could explore the XML and if there is no crossfade but only fade handle (button), it could decide to translate it in crossfade...
So:
if fade handle only (FCPX) => crossfade (PT)
if fade handle + crossfades => keyframe + crossfade (PT) OR (even better) => ignore fade handle and keep only crossfade...

It could be an option of the X2Pro preference... and a VERY VERY good idea... for mixer ;)

Thank for reading and hope it could become a new feature soon ;)

Martin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #5317 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: can I transfer fcpx fade - linear cross fades?
I think the reason that fade handles are converted to automation gain instead of cross fades is because in FCP you can use fade handles with cross fades.

If fade handles were treated as cross fades, and a cross fade overlapped the fade handle, there would be no way to put the information in the AAF because you can't have overlapping cross fades in an AAF.

If you can think of a logical way of handling the situation where cross fades overlap fade handles, I can put in a feature request for you.
Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Graeme Robinson.

More
6 years 11 months ago #5314 by jeansemeur
jeansemeur replied the topic: can I transfer fcpx fade - linear cross fades?
Hi,

When using "buttons" to make audio fade on audio/video clips in FCP X... (not with a cross-fade with Commande+T), it's translated as automation in Pro Tools (keyframe).
A very very interesting improvement could be to translate it as crossfade in Pro Tools... or to have the choice in X2Pro préférence to translate either as cross-fade or automation..

Thank for reading

Martin

• Jeremy Norwood
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #4114 by Jeremy Norwood
Jeremy Norwood replied the topic: can I transfer fcpx fade - linear cross fades?
Transitions can be treated in one of two ways.
  1. Transitions can be discarded using the button on the X2Pro Preferences window.

2. Transitions and fades can be left in the project XML and both transitions and fades will simply be converted into linear interpolated fades/transitions as a placeholder so that the audio engineer can review and enhance these fades and transitions as required.
Last Edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Jeremy Norwood.

• remap21
  • remap21's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
7 years 10 months ago #4113 by remap21
remap21 created the topic: can I transfer fcpx fade - linear cross fades?
Can I transfer fcpx All fade handles are converted to linear cross-fades?

not key-framed volume adjustments

I really need this
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds