Include Disabled Components

• CutPeople
  • CutPeople's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 4 months ago #4684 by CutPeople
CutPeople replied the topic: Include Disabled Components
Thanks for your quick reply, James.

My company Cut People does workflow consultation in Spain and most of my FCP X clients have asked for this feature (if it makes a difference). I personally think it's as necessary as the "Discard disabled clips" option already in X2Pro, due to the dual approach to disabling in FCP X.

Regards,

Jesús
cutpeople.es

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #4683 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: Include Disabled Components
Dear Cutpeople,

Have raised as a feature request (our ticket 6875) and have passed onto Product Management.

Yours Sincerely

James

• CutPeople
  • CutPeople's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 4 months ago #4682 by CutPeople
CutPeople created the topic: Include Disabled Components
Hello,

As you know, there are two ways of disabling in FCP X:

• We can Disable a Component in the Inspector, by unchecking it in the Audio Configuration area
  • We can Disable a Clip in the Timeline, by selecting it and pressing the V key.

Currently, X2Pro only has an option to "Discard disabled clips". When it is unchecked, the clips will be added to the AAF in a muted state.

On the other hand, X2Pro always excludes disabled components. I think having an option to "Include disabled components" would be a very welcome addition. For instance, many film editors prefer to work with all components disabled except for the mixdown channels. Since X2Pro ignores the disabled components there is no way to translate them into ProTools at the moment. And it's a shame because these are precisely the channels the sound editor will likely work with.

I know disabled components are listed in the FCPXML... so as far as I know, this would be technically possible. Could you please add this much needed feature to X2Pro? Thanks in advance!

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds